OS 10.5.1 MacBook Wireless Problems

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Hawkeye411, Nov 16, 2007.

1. Hawkeye411 macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

I have read that OS 10.5.1 has fixed many problems. However, I have been checking through the forums but can't find a thread that is specifically related to OS 10.5.1 and the MacBook Wireless problems that we have been having.

Does anybody know if the update fixes the issues?

2. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

Since my update to 10.5.1, my connection hasn't dropped once. Before the update, it'd drop several times per day, every single day. No problems what-so-ever since the update.

3. jmpmntwnty3 macrumors 6502

4. Celeron macrumors 6502a

What Macbook wireless problem? My SR Macbook hasn't had any wireless problems.

5. Hawkeye411 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Well. since you haven't had any problems, that might explain why you are not aware of, or have not read about, the problems that many people have been having.

Anyone else have a positive experience since the upgrade?

6. erkanasu macrumors 6502

Dido,

I didn't know this was a wide spread issue. Mine would drop multiple times a day. Since 10.5.1 no probs, YET

macbook c2d

7. D4F Guest

D4F

I loose signal maybe once every 3 hours with XP on boot camp and about 3-5 times per hour on OS X.

SUCKS to use XP more than OS X.
    And i am one unhappy :apple: customer at this point...

8. MacMarino macrumors member

iMac as well

Yeah Im having problems with dropped wireless every few minutes while trying to download something. Its soooo annoying...i thought the update was ment to address this issue.:mad:

9. paul.b.davis macrumors 6502

paul.b.davis

10.5.1 helped out my MBP's wireless (I do not have internet, but I can now more reliably pick up the campus internet at my school, I live right across the street)

10. Hawkeye411 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

MacBook C2D

Anyone with the MacBook (not the pro) that has had a positive, or negative, experience with 10.5.1?

Mines STILL in the shop. :mad:
    :):apple:

11. ksa macrumors newbie

I'm having the problem I guess

Sometimes I lose my connection to my wireless, not offen - maybe 1-2 a day of im using wireless all day.

12. willplatnick macrumors newbie

Actually, I had a MacBook with NO wireless issues previously. After the update, I have a huge wireless issue. It will now randomly, in rapid fire succession lose signal completely and go back to full signal within one second. It doesn't last forever, maybe a minute or two, but it's so fast that AIM thinks I'm doing malicious activity and bans me for 10 minutes from disconnecting and reconnecting too quickly. This is a nightmare.

13. SrMasterSell macrumors newbie

No problems

I bought the Black MacBook 2.2 last night, First thing I did after registering was update to 10.5.1

I have no dropped signals. My signal is very strong.

Hope this helps.

Ron

14. wrboyce macrumors 6502

since upgrading I've had no wifi dropouts on my macbook c2d :) used to be very frequent, they'd often come in "groups".. It'd be find for a few hours, then up/down about 5 times in a cpl of minutes.. Very annoying!

15. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

Great, and yet, you tell us nothing about your router. Easier to bash Apple and everyone else than maybe asking, "maybe my router just plain well sucks".

16. D4F Guest

D4F

What difference does it make since i use SAME computer for both XP and OS X and I have almost no issues with XP on it...
    This proves it's not router issues unless this particular router hates OS X:)

17. cornopaez macrumors regular

cornopaez

I really haven't had any problems with the wireless so far... I have a late '06 MB. I've had many issues with Mail.app, though... :eek:

18. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Great, and yet, you add nothing to the discussion. Easier to bash everyone else than admit that Apple makes mistakes, eh?:rolleyes:

@OP
    Did you have the problems with 10.5.0 as well or did they just show up with 10.5.1?

EDIT: Just found saw this thread, you might want to post your question there as well.

19. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

Well, excuse me mate; how come I can rock through life, install patches and updates, without my whole machine turning to crap? how come I can sit any where in my house, heck, even on the bog, and still get a reliable signal?

I'm obviously doing something *really* wrong if I am not experiencing all the problems which some people here seem to experience on a daily basis.

20. killerrobot macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Well, if you have a mb and its working perfectly for you, why don't you say that and add info such as do you have a c2d or cd, what router you're using, if you ever had problems before with 10.5.0 or 10.5.1, and so on, instead of just get upset at someone for having problems.

21. kaiwai macrumors 6502a

kaiwai

ok;

MacBook Black (2.16Ghz) upgraded (by the shop) to 2 gigs.

My ADSL modem is a Linksys WAG54G, the wireless on it has been disabled

My Airport Extreme is hooked up to the Linksys via its uplink board; the airport is set to bridge mode, with the linksys modem giving out the IP addresses.

My Linksys is called mendelssohn, and my airport extreme is called bruckner, this laptop is called rachmaninov, my two PC's are tchaikovsky and shostakovich.

Hooked up to the airport is a printer and 320gig Iomega external USB hard disk formatted using HFS+. It is set to 2.4n (b and g compatible) mode along with signal robustness enabled.

My laptop is running Mac OS X 10.5.1 - no tweakers, modifers, hacks, cracks or any other BS installed apart from the usual applications (iWorks, iLife etc).

22. Hawkeye411 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

Thanks,

I will post in that thread as well.

Cheers.

23. Gokhan macrumors 6502a

k

oh stop the apple protecting people ! you know who you are ???

anyway for the op i have had nothing but problems with both my mbp and my soon to be returned macbook and new sr macbook.

but i will say this , the sr macbook at least now connects to my d-link and now that i have applied the patch seems to function better although i cant confirm its rock solid as im away from home most days.

however one thing i will say is in bootcamp my wireless drops many times on the sr macbook strange huh ??

ITS TIME FOR PEOPLE TO STOP RUNNING AWAY FROM THIS ISSUE AND ADMIT APPLE HAVE ****ED UP BIG TIME ! YOU WOULD THINK A £700 LAPTOP WOULD PERFORM A MUNDANE TASK LIKE WIRELESS INTERNET JUST AS GOOD AS GOOD AS A CHEAP PC LAPTOP BUT NOPE APPLE AND THIER LOYAL FANS KEEP BURYING THIER HEAD ABOUT THESE ISSUES SO WE ARE STUCK FOR NOW.

oh and for the record i am keeping the sr macbook beacuse i was offered a good deal and i can for now live with these issues but thats not the point ,
    is it now ?

op yes 10.5.1 helps buts there still the wavy screen and buzzing to contend with !

24. Hawkeye411 thread starter macrumors 68000

Hawkeye411

It Works!!

Been working for 6 hours now.

Earlier today, I installed 10.5.1 and it did not fix my problems.

Then later today I did a fresh install of Leopard and did the updates and it has been working fine all evening (used to need to reboot at least once per hour).

Originally, my MacBook Core 2 Duo came with 10.4.9 .. I did all the updates until 10.4.10 and began having the problems about 2 months ago. I upgraded to 10.5.0 when it first came out and I installed 10.5.1; neither update fixed my wireless problems.

Today I did a fresh install of 10.4.9 and everything worked fine. Then I did all the updates for 10.4.11 and everything worked fine. Then I did a fresh install of 10.5.0 and everything worked fine. Then I did all of the updates including 10.5.1 and everything is still fine.

If you never hear from me again on this thread .... a simple fresh install of the OS fixed my problems.

Cheers.

25. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Mine's fine at home, but since Leopard my MB has been droppy at my friend's house...