OS 4 Jailbreaking

RasterScan

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2004
FL
I have the most current version of Redsn0w and the os 4 ispw file and Redsn0w will not accept the file, unrecognizable. Has anyone had this problem?

Thanks

Benji222

macrumors 65816
Dec 21, 2009
So Cal
Try a redownload maybe? You need to own or be on a developers account if you want 4.0
I would suggest reading other 4.0 threads before upgrading your baseband. If you know what your doing go for it though!
Wish the best of luck to ya.

RasterScan

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2004
FL
You should read something, or anything, about a program before using it. Especially if it makes major changes within your device.
Again, it didn't state 3G only. It only states OS 4.0. Thats why I came
here to ask.

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
Again, it didn't state 3G only. It only states OS 4.0. Thats why I came
here to ask.
Strange...The first thing i read about the 4.0 Beta JB was that it was not 3Gs compatible.
Even if you didn't know, i'm surprised you didn't find out which models were compatible before attempting the JB.

RasterScan

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2004
FL
Strange...The first thing i read about the 4.0 Beta JB was that it was not 3Gs compatible.
Even if you didn't know, i'm surprised you didn't find out which models were compatible before attempting the JB.
Again, all it stated was OS 4. It didn't mention any model phone.
And how funny, the topic of the blog were i got it from was how to JB your 3GS running OS4.

Oh well. Thread closed

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
Again, all it stated was OS 4. It didn't mention any model phone.
And how funny, the topic of the blog was how to JB your 3GS running OS4.

Oh well. Thread closed
hmmm, well thats what you get for believing random blogs. The lesson everyone needs to learn is research, research, research, jailbreak.

RasterScan

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2004
FL
hmmm, well thats what you get for believing random blogs. The lesson everyone needs to learn is research, research, research, jailbreak.
I've been jailbreaking since day one. I never worry about bricking the phone.
I have 2 spare 3GS's

RasterScan

macrumors member
Original poster
May 6, 2004
FL
:confused: No one. But its a source you failed to link to in your first post and still haven't divulged...sounds pretty dodgy to me. Especially as its wrong.
I haven't done so because it's operated by a member of this forum.

pixelated

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2008
I haven't done so because it's operated by a member of this forum.
so?Isn't this more of a reason to out them for lying to you (and the world).
At the very least they wasted your time, and for someone who doesn't have the means to keep piles of spare phones around this misinformation could have lead to problems .

Goodeye

macrumors 6502a
Jan 30, 2009
I had been using this version of Redsn0w so I could ssh in and enable multitasking and wallpapers.

Does anyone know if the jailbreak works with OS 4 beta 2?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.