Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NATO

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
Mac OS X 10.4.1 Released

Mac OS X 10.4.1 has been released through Software Update, bringing a number of improvements for many components within the OS. The Download is 37.7MB.

The 10.4.1 Update delivers overall improved reliability for Mac OS X v10.4 and is recommended for all users. It includes improvements for:

file sharing using AFP and SMB/CIFS network file services
using DHCP in wireless networks
user login when accessing LDAP and Active Directory servers
core graphics including updated ATI and NVIDIA graphics drivers
synchronization with .Mac
Address Book, iCal, Font Book, Mail, and Preview applications
Dashboard widgets: Address Book, Flight Tracker, Phone Book, and World Clock
creating and burning disk images using Disk Utility
compatibility with third party applications and devices

For detailed information on this Update, please visit this website: http://www.info.apple.com/kbnum/n301517

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I'm disappointed that they didn't say anything about updating the iTunes Controller Widget. It barely works. Also don't see any mention of fixing the bug in iPhoto where pictures get "enhanced" when you click done after performing edits. Oh well, maybe in 10.4.2.

daveL

macrumors 68020
Jun 18, 2003
Montana
mduser63 said:
I'm disappointed that they didn't say anything about updating the iTunes Controller Widget. It barely works. Also don't see any mention of fixing the bug in iPhoto where pictures get "enhanced" when you click done after performing edits. Oh well, maybe in 10.4.2.
They never list every single change made in an update. You'll have to try the update to see if it fixes a particular problem. A bug you see in a specific app may well be fixed in some library or framework that a number of apps use, i.e. it's not necessarily a bug in the, per se.

Freg3000

macrumors 68000
Sep 22, 2002
New York
So no fix for the iTunes widget, but for 4 others? Hmmmm...the iTunes widget is flakey.

Updating now. See you on the other side. :)

Analog Kid

macrumors G3
Mar 4, 2003
Been waiting for this...

Interesting that there's no mention of the Weather widget-- crashiest widget I have...

feakbeak

macrumors 6502a
Oct 16, 2003
Michigan
I've installed it. Only thing of note so far is that it disable the httpmail plug-in - probably because 1.43 broke Mail. However, I had 1.44 that works fine with Tiger/Mail 2 and it still got disabled. After re-installing it everything worked fine though.

myamid

macrumors member
Sep 25, 2004
Montreal, QC
All is good

Installed it on my PM G5 and G3 iBook and everything seems to have gone smoothly... first boot was a little slow, but I guess that's to be expected.

jmsait19

macrumors 6502
Jan 26, 2004
MO
downloaded. installed. restarted.

all is well on the home front.

all you babies can go buy your tiger now that 10.4.1 is out!

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Hmm... nothing about Safari upgrades.

My Safari 2.0 has crashed on me a couple of times, each time when I've closed a tab (either with cmd-W or the X-button). I was kind of hoping this would be fixed...

Edit: That should be no mention of Safari before entering the about page. Safari is mentioned, but not "my" problem... :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.