Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

IJ Reilly

macrumors P6
Jul 16, 2002
Palookaville
We're back to hardware as the cause, the original diagnosis. Not what you wanted to hear, but I think every other possible source has been eliminated.

sk3pt1c

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 29, 2005
a simulacrum
indeed not i wanted to hear, but i have to agree...
what piece of hardware can it be though?
they've all passed all the tests i've put them through...
can't think of anything i haven't tested...

ps. i don't use a logitech, i have a wireless (bluetooth) apple mouse

izzy0242mr

macrumors 6502a
Jul 24, 2009
Software problem

Just in case someone else needs help w/ this…

Maybe it's just me…but I think it's a software problem. I had this happen once when I tried modding some scrollbar files, and also once on a Hackintosh after installing some drivers.

Simplest solution: back stuff up via Finder or via a network device, and then use Disk Utility & your reinstall disc and wipe the drive.

iDuel

macrumors 6502a
Jul 20, 2011
Greece/USA
Just in case someone else needs help w/ this…

Maybe it's just me…but I think it's a software problem. I had this happen once when I tried modding some scrollbar files, and also once on a Hackintosh after installing some drivers.

Simplest solution: back stuff up via Finder or via a network device, and then use Disk Utility & your reinstall disc and wipe the drive.

Why did you revive a 4-year old thread? You do understand the hardware in question here is now outdated right?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.