OS X Lion refund oddity?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Timeraner, Feb 16, 2012.

1. Timeraner macrumors member

Why shouldn't I be able to repurchase Lion if I am refunded for it? As of right now, my MacBook crashes with Lion and I rolled back to Snow Leopard. This should improve with a future software update, which is when I would repurchase.

""Dear Matthew,

Ashley here from iTunes support team. I understand you are having issues with Lion and would like a refund. I am sure you are eager to have this issue resolved and with that being said I am here to help.

Matthew, I can refund Lion for you. How ever, I need you to know that you will not be able to repurchase it again. This means that in the further, when Apple has another OS come out, you will have to purchase Lion on the GigStick to upgrade. Are you sure you wish to do this?

Sincerely,

Ashley
    iTunes Store Customer Support""

The USB install is too overpriced in my opinion.

2. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

Because technically you can work the system by upgrading to Lion, claiming a refund, and still continue using Lion.

They don't want you to do this. It worked before in the early days of the app store (purchased items that were refunded still showed under your purchase app list... which means you could redownload them), but now they've tuned up the system so people don't cheat.

I'm not saying your issue is not legitimate, but that's why they do this.