Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

mavericks.png
Following the seeding of the latest OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 beta to developers yesterday, Apple has now distributed the latest build of the OS to AppleCare employees, reports 9to5Mac.

This sort of internal release typically signals an imminent public release of the software, assuming the OS X development team does not find any mission critical bugs in final testing.
The update includes the following fixes:

- Improved support for Gmail in OS X Mail, and fixes for users with custom Gmail settings
- Improves the reliability of Smart Mailboxes and search in Mail
- Fixes an issue that prevented contact groups from working properly in Mail
- Resolves an issue that prevented VoiceOver from speaking sentences that contain emoji
- Updates Shared Links periodically when open in the Safari Sidebar
The first beta of 10.9.1 was seeded to developers back in mid-November following a public update specifically to address issues with Mavericks' Mail.app and Gmail.

Article Link: OS X Mavericks 10.9.1 Beta Seeded to AppleCare Employees

/dev/toaster

macrumors 68020
Feb 23, 2006
San Francisco, CA
I wonder if 10.9.1 will be required for them to release the new Mac Pros. Seems like there is always an OS update before new product line is released.

Woyzeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2012
Please fix the Exchange integration to a level that is comparable to iOS. It's not understandable that this works on the iDevices, but not on OSX. You have the know how, you have the code, it's just a question of doing it....

...and we'd like to use AirDrop between iOS and OSX as well. You know, integration once was one of your strengths...

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Where is iOS 7.1 b2???

They have to be kidding letting that beta 1 go for more than 2 weeks.

pmz

macrumors 68000
Nov 18, 2009
NJ
Please fix the Exchange integration to a level that is comparable to iOS. It's not understandable that this works on the iDevices, but not on OSX. You have the know how, you have the code, it's just a question of doing it....

...and we'd like to use AirDrop between iOS and OSX as well. You know, integration once was one of your strengths...

Exchange? Yes. Should have been fixed long ago.

AirDrop? Not so fast. You want it to work magically somehow...but I bet you haven't thought of the 10 million reasons why its not so simple.

Woyzeck

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2012
AirDrop? Not so fast. You want it to work magically somehow...but I bet you haven't thought of the 10 million reasons why its not so simple.

If they don't get this right they should stop calling it AirDrop on both devices. It's definitely not the same. Using the same name for it implies that it's compatible. And if it doesn't work I'd prefer a Bluetooth solution that any other devices use.

TsMkLg068426

macrumors 65816
Mar 31, 2009
I hope this fixes the issue where Apple TV streams Netflix Super HD in SD oh wait this are for Macs, Apple TV is last resort.

paulrbeers

macrumors 68040
Dec 17, 2009
I wonder if 10.9.1 will be required for them to release the new Mac Pros. Seems like there is always an OS update before new product line is released.

No. New macs usually get a special release of OSX until the next point release when they are unified with the OSX. For example, if 10.9.1 comes out for all Macs, then a new model will get a special build of 10.9.1 and in 10.9.2 they will be included in the "standard 10.9.2".

blabliblu

macrumors member
Apr 3, 2013
Still piece of **** filled with bugs. They didn't fix ONE of the important problems reported

jameslmoser

macrumors 6502a
Sep 18, 2011
Las Vegas, NV
I see why apple made this update free, buggy mess

I usually have a bug or two (or 10) when I first update that I have to wait for them to fix. sometimes I even have to revert and wait, but I haven't had a single problem with Mavericks.

Lion was HORRIBLE! Moutain Lion wasn't great... but better.

Knara

macrumors member
Feb 12, 2010
Wonder if this will fix the occasional problem where the dock "sticks" to one monitor only.

MyopicPaideia

macrumors 68020
Mar 19, 2011
Sweden
Hopefully this will include finally being able to send the latest iWork documents as attachments with Gmail accounts in Mail. Big huge fail there.

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
Does it fix scrolling in Safari? It has become too sensitive. Mavericks added some kind of horizontal rubber band motion to vertical scrolling that leads to jumpy scroll-drag-releases. There shouldn't be any horizontal movement unless the page is bigger than the screen in the horizontal dimension.

stevemiller

macrumors 68000
Oct 27, 2008
Glad to see they aren't wasting resources on trivial issues like the 5-minute long system freezes that happen to me on a daily basis since installing.

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
Where is iOS 7.1 b2???

They have to be kidding letting that beta 1 go for more than 2 weeks.

They have to be kidding about the entire iOS 7 release.

But they aren't.

I found crashing and feature bugs in my 30-minute examination of an iPad Air at an Apple Store a few days ago when I went in to see if I cited tolerate iOS 7 (now that I'm possibly ready to buy an iPad). I hated it. iOS is now ugly and difficult to look at. The new GUI is really poor.

dysamoria

macrumors 68020
Dec 8, 2011
Glad to see they aren't wasting resources on trivial issues like the 5-minute long system freezes that happen to me on a daily basis since installing.

Or the way Safari networking responsiveness goes to crap after a while until closing and restarting it.

Or how the system power consumption analysis service consumes massive amounts of CPU all of a sudden, leading to an insanely hot and unresponsive OS until you manually terminate the service.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.