OSX Lion makes checkered sreeen.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Papapapaully, Aug 6, 2011.

1. Papapapaully, Aug 6, 2011
    Last edited: Aug 6, 2011

Papapapaully macrumors newbie

Hi,

Ever since I bought and installed OS X Lion from the App Store, some strange occurrences have been happening on my late 2010 MacBook Pro

The most annoying of these is my applications seem to become transparent to the desktop in a checkered pattern and then reset themselves when i move the touchpad again.

The attachments are screenshots of what im talking about. On the second one you can clearly see the checkered desktop showing through my Google Chrome window. At first i thought this problem was only Chrome but the first picture displays it is also occurring in iTunes. I have also had it appear in Photoshop which is extremely annoying as it disrupts my work.

Please any help would be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Papapapaully thread starter macrumors newbie

ps. I couldnt be bothered censoring my facebook name and friends and that. dont do anything stupid to it please.

3. TPadden macrumors 6502a

My 2010 MBA (4gb) did that with Safari ...... was the final straw in going back to SL. Yes, it was a formatted clean install ....:(

4. Papapapaully thread starter macrumors newbie

Well atleast its not only me that was facing this problem.

However im determined to get it to work properly.

Maybe the next update will have a fix?

5. wordoflife macrumors 604

wordoflife

I'm experiencing that issue on my 2010 13" MBP.
    OP, remove your FB screen shot. One screenshot will do.

6. Papapapaully thread starter macrumors newbie

Don't worry i have blurred out all personal information and resubmitted the screencap. I think it shows the problem better than the first image so I want it up.

7. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

I don't have an explanation for this but I believe that Safari and Chrome and possibly iTunes use the WebKit engine, maybe it's WebKit related.

8. Papapapaully thread starter macrumors newbie

Do you perhaps know of anyway to troubleshoot this to see if it goes away?

9. Tyler056 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I've got a new MacBook pro 13". A warning box saying that I have no more disk space on my primary drive. Problem now is I arrive at the login screen after startup (which is when the warning box appears repeatedly). I then type the password as usual but now it doesn't take me to the desktop. It remains stuck on the login display screen. Therefore this prevents me from being able to delete files so that I can free up the space.
    Has anyone else experienced something like this and can anyone help?

10. Papapapaully thread starter macrumors newbie

No offense but i think thats an entirely different problem, can you start your own thread?

11. Tyler056 macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I'm trying to do just that, but I can't figure it out. I'm forced to use my iPhone since I can't log in on my MacBook even after entering the correct password

12. DewGuy1999 macrumors 68040

DewGuy1999

Sorry I don't know of any way.

13. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

LOL! What a thing to ask of the internet.