OT a most excellent FEDEX experience

Discussion in 'iPad' started by xkmxkmxlmx, Mar 16, 2012.

1. xkmxkmxlmx macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

Here is one to counter all the bad fedex experiences.

Despite my iPad needing to be exchanged due to a couple of random problems, I can say that FedEx and my delivery guy are amazing.

I had to work this afternoon and there was no way I could take off. So, I asked my upstairs neighbor to look out for it and sign if she could. She said she would, but she might have to leave. She ended up having to leave before and texted me that it hadn't come yet. Which means I wouldn't have gotten it til Monday (I work weekends).

I work about 2 miles away from my house. My usual FedEx guy also delivers there, but I have only seen him a handful of times in the last couple years.

The guy actually came to my work and delivered it! He remembered where I worked and said he was passing by on his route and didn't want me to miss out on having it. He knew exactly what it was and said he delivered about 8 already.

I couldn't thank him enough. I was in the greatest mood all day afterwards. Not for the fact that I got my iPad, but just because the guy went out of his way for me on an obviously busy day for him. So cool.

TL;DR Super cool FedEx guy brought iPad to my work because I wasn't home.

2. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

Now that is an awesome story. Kudos to the great FedEx guy.

3. BigButa macrumors member

Yeah, my FedEx guy was like, "got some new toys to play with, huh?" I laughed.

4. arterio macrumors member

You should honestly call FedEx and compliment his extraordinary service. It could make all the difference to him when it comes to performance reviews.

5. Category 5 macrumors member

Cool Fed Ex guy. Mine came early (about 9am) and while I was signing he said "I guess it's iPad day!" I asked him if he had a lot to deliver and his response was "OH YEAH!" Like it was all he was doing all day. I guess a lot of people pre-ordered. I thought I was the only geek in my neighborhood.

6. RAWphenom macrumors member

This. Do this.

And we need more people like this FedEx man.

7. Drag'nGT macrumors 68000

Drag'nGT

Was just about to say the same thing. Hell, I almost wanna call and tell 'em just because he did such an excellent job.

8. KPOM macrumors G5

Great story.

x2. Make sure they know about it.

9. xkmxkmxlmx thread starter macrumors 6502a

xkmxkmxlmx

i had already done that a few months back because the guy is just courteous as can be, always on time and just seems to care about his job. Sad that this day and age it is not the norm rather than exceptional. At any rate, I might just call again haha.

10. efyou macrumors regular

Call up FedEx and tell them this guy deserves a Bravo Zulu. These guys actually get paid a little extra if they get a Bravo Zulu.

11. TB07-NJ macrumors 68020

Don't do that, they might fire him for going off his route! :D

12. ukwildcat macrumors 6502

Very cool. I wish my FedEx guy was like that.

13. efyou macrumors regular

They'd never know about it unless it caused a late delivery elsewhere. And there is no specific route...it's all up to the driver, as long as things are on time.. It's all good.. ;)

14. Tom G. macrumors 68000

Tom G.

To TB07-NJ in the OP's post he says that the Fed-Ex man told him that he was on his route. So there is nothing to worry about.

I say call and let Fed-Ex know about this special employee. Bravo Zulu's are always great, and as has been pointed out, do show up on performance reviews.

15. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

the guy should be wearing a cape ... SuperFedEx Man :D

16. j.dstasio macrumors 6502

j.dstasio

Cool story, bro.

And I actually mean that... Great story. Good FedEx stories are nice to hear at release time.