OTB 1.1.2 Iphone, Installer.App & Ziphone

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by ndbuk, Apr 19, 2008.

1. ndbuk macrumors newbie

Hi All,

Hope everyone is well? Sorry if this has been asked many times before but im so so confused and everywhere i read seems to contradict things. I have been looking for about the past 4 days to:(

Ok here is what i`ve got ..... I bought an iphone, which was version 1.1.2 Out the box. Immidiatly before powering it up i removed the O2 (UK) sim and used Ziphone (3.0) to Unlock, Activate, and Jail Break. All is working ok including my Edge on T-Mobile (UK). My question is tho how do i now install the installer.app to my phone?

I`ve been told this is not possible on the 1.1.2 iphone and i have also read where i need to downgrade the phone to 1.1.1 but cant do this now as i`ve changed the bootloader with ziphone to crack it. A few people have said im pretty much stuck now coz ill just end up bricking the phone, and im actually unable to even restore using Itunes.

Im guessing many of you clever people out there will have the installer app and a 1.1.2 iPhone and could help a stressed out person (myself) achive this to?

Many Thanks for all you help

Regards
    Si

2. Kardashian macrumors 68020

Kardashian

3. ndbuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi There,

Thanks for your replay. I`ve just popped over to http://iphone.nullriver.com/beta/ and downloaded the app.

I noticed it has a warning: DO NOT USE THESE INSTALLERS ON FIRMWARE 1.1.1!

Also the downloader says for firmware 1.0, 1.0.1 and 1.0.2 but mines 1.1.2 otb.

Does this matter?

Many Thanks
    Si

4. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Ok first of all its best if you use the Restore function in iTunes to go all the way up to firmware version 1.1.4. Next you can try and use Pwnage tool for Mac or WinPwn for Windows. If you would like more information regarding Pwnage there is a sticky on the top of this forum. Also if you dont want to use Pwnage then you can use iPlus or iLiberty. Those are there. Better tools out there. Hope it helps

5. ndbuk thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Peeps,

Thanks for all your help. After a restore to 1.1.4 and using libety+ its all unlocked and installer.app`ed

Cheers again
    Si