'Other' Capacity

Discussion in 'iOS 5 and earlier' started by HoddzDJ, Feb 1, 2012.

1. HoddzDJ macrumors member

I have just been sorting out the WiFi Sync on my iPad and noticed that I have 3.3GB of data space taken up by 'Other' in the bar along the bottom of iTunes. I was wondering if there is any way to find out what this data actually is, and how to clean it up?

2. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

I've been checking this thread periodically in hopes someone would have the answer. Do you suppose it might be documents? Whatever it is, how could a person access it? Hope someone knows and shares the information.

3. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

I'm using everyone's iDevices for cloud storage, but don't worry I'm only using a couple of gigs from each iPad. ;)

Actually, you could try powering your iPad off and then on. I think sometimes data is cached for whatever reason, and a power cycle will clean it up. I once had 3 or 4 GB's taken up by 'Other', and that worked for me. It's normally under a GB for me.

4. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

5. HoddzDJ thread starter macrumors member

Cheers everyone for the replies, I will have to power down my iPad periodically then to clear it, think that will probably get rid of most of it which is the main thing!! I guess I'm always learning something new with Apple devices each and every day, and it can only be a good thing really!