Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

babyexercise

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
I look at Garmin vívosmart 5, just black and white screen cheapest looking band costs around $150 lol xd

Howard2k

macrumors 68040
Mar 10, 2016
"Good" is relative. It depends what your requirements are. Samsung has a watch, Google has one that's about to come out. There is Garmin, Fitbit, Withings, and AmazFit that might be worth checking out.

Reactions: firstcellosuite

firstcellosuite

macrumors newbie
Aug 31, 2021
I agree with Howard2k. It depends on what you are looking for. If smartwatch functionality is important the AW is fantastic. If battery life is important check out Garmin or even Samsung. Both offer watches with multi day battery life. I had a Samsung Galaxy Watch but found the fitness features to be ok. I now use a Garmin Fenix 6S Pro but i prefer battery life and fitness features over smartwatch functionality.

Reactions: Indianwin2001

BigSmurf

macrumors regular
Feb 6, 2018
The new Montblanc Summit 3 is rather nice. Nicely made. Using the new Google Wear OS. But pretty expensive. Truth be told, I prefer their pens.

Indianwin2001

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2022
After 3 years with the latest versions of Apple, I switched back to Garmin. I got the new Epix, which is $$$. But I am into fitness much more than smart capabilities, so it depends which you prefer.

babyexercise

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
After 3 years with the latest versions of Apple, I switched back to Garmin. I got the new Epix, which is $$$. But I am into fitness much more than smart capabilities, so it depends which you prefer.

Apple has added a lot of pro stuff in running and sleep in coming WatchOS, you should try it out.

Indianwin2001

macrumors newbie
Jun 5, 2022
Apple has added a lot of pro stuff in running and sleep in coming WatchOS, you should try it out.
Thanks but Garmin just has too many metrics that Apple doesn't like training recovery, load from your activity body battery and a plethora of other metrics. Apple is a great smart watch, the Epix is a great fitness tracker.

babyexercise

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
Thanks but Garmin just has too many metrics that Apple doesn't like training recovery, load from your activity body battery and a plethora of other metrics. Apple is a great smart watch, the Epix is a great fitness tracker.

I agree, Apple Watch is more about fashion than fitness tracking

Velin

macrumors 68000
Jul 23, 2008
Hearst Castle
If you own an iPhone, nothing on the market comes close to the reliability, functionality, and comfort of Apple Watch. It is the premier smartwatch.

babyexercise

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2021
If you own an iPhone, nothing on the market comes close to the reliability, functionality, and comfort of Apple Watch. It is the premier smartwatch.

If focus is fitness then it is another story, especially AS is just one day battery for a lot of users which is not fun to recharge everyday.

ApfelKuchen

macrumors 601
Aug 28, 2012
Between the coasts
If focus is fitness then it is another story, especially AS is just one day battery for a lot of users which is not fun to recharge everyday.
Is charging ever "fun?"

I don't have a problem with daily charging. It's a simple habit, like charging my iPhone and iPad every night.

If I was in the habit of using my electronics until the battery died... yes, a longer battery life would be very helpful. But I charge "preventatively" - the point is to have a full charge when I start using it in the morning.

For me, a daily habit is much more effective than, "Do I have to do it today?" With a two-day battery life i'd probably have to set a reminder to charge it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.