Other than constant BPM, any upside to using workout app?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by ihatephish, May 7, 2015.

1. ihatephish macrumors regular

2. ihatephish thread starter macrumors regular

To clarify, I'm mostly referring to walking/jogging. Seems to be no advantage to using the workout app other than the constant heart rate...

3. blackbear219 macrumors regular

I like using it to log my workouts so I know exactly how far/fast/hard I ran on that particular day. I wish you could add comments to your workouts though.

4. ihatephish thread starter macrumors regular

Makes sense. I'm just not hardcore of a workout person and would just like to keep track of steps/miles logged per walk/hike.

5. bjdraw macrumors 6502a

The same reason as any other app on the Watch, easy access to information by glancing at your watch.

If you don't find it useful to be able to glance at your watch while working out and see something (time, calories, distance, HR, etc), then there is no use for the workout app. You'll get credit in your fitness workout ring either way.

6. Julien macrumors G3

Julien

Slight correction and you may want to edit your thread title. It is a HRM and not a BPM.;)

7. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

If all you want to do is count steps, you don't have to use the Workout app.

By the way, it's not that hard on the battery. I put the watch on yesterday morning at 7:30am, used a variety of functions during the day, worked out for one hour with the workout app, and put the watch on the charger at 11:30pm last night, had 28% left.

8. AtheistP3ace macrumors 6502a

AtheistP3ace

I like it for all the logging and tracking. I exercise in the morning. About an hour which kills about 10% of the better give or take. Then when I jump in the shower I put it back on charger until I am ready to leave for work. Working well for me so far.

9. ihatephish thread starter macrumors regular

Yeah, not sure what I was worried about. Only used about 11% on an hour and a half outdoor walk.

10. phirstube macrumors regular

phirstube

You hate phish? What is wrong with you? Dead head?