Other users on 6.1.2 battery suck?

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by sundog925, Feb 26, 2013.

1. sundog925 macrumors 6502a

or is it just the iPhone 5 users.
    or is it just me???
    im literally watching my % drop after restores and having my phone idle.
    on 6.1, i could go all day and only drop 10%. and no, none of my apps are on in the background. SUCKS we can't downgrade legitimately.

2. cmeisenzahl macrumors 6502

Same here. Over the last year+ when other have complained about battery trouble after various iOS upgrades, I never had a problem, mine was usually the same or slightly better. But this latest one is making my battery life notably worse, not catastrophic, but enough to notice.

3. sviato macrumors 68020

sviato

Have only had 6.1.2 for a few days but it looks like battery is draining faster than on 6.1. (using iPhone 4S)

4. errant macrumors member

errant

iPhone 4. Definitely notice a difference. It's draining faster than previously.

5. Bizkit642 macrumors newbie

Both my wife and I are both noticing less battery life

6. fsck-y dingo macrumors 65816

fsck-y dingo

Mine was noticeably worse starting at 6.1 and I couldn't narrow it down. Finally I thought to sign out of the iTunes and Apple Store and things went back to normal. It's odd that this setting changed battery life for me but that seems to be the case.

All versions prior to 6.1 were fine if I stayed signed in.

7. dw3bb10 macrumors 6502

6.1 was great, but I definitely took a hit with 6.1.2. Quite annoying.

8. Usehername macrumors member

6.1.1 made my battery slightly worse.
    6.1.2 made made my battery a little better.

9. sundog925 thread starter macrumors 6502a

after an hour phone call, my battery dropped 44%. W..T..F..

10. razmarino macrumors member

razmarino

yep, can confirm on ip4 & 4s.. reinstalled 6.1 and get back stable 8-9 hours of usage, when with 6.1.2 it was max 7hours.. funny, if i remember correctly, 6.1.2 was addresed to fix battery drainin:apple:

11. maxosx macrumors 68020

Mophie Loves Apple :)

I forked over the $100 for one even though I replace my iPhones annually. Not being able to use my iPhone for more than half a day is unacceptable.

Thanks to Mophie, they've solved one of Apples ongoing problems.

Collectively Mophie & Google really improve the iPhone experience. Apple is lucky to have their support.

12. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

I was having battery issues on my replacement iPhone 5. But all of a sudden, after a few restores and a weeks worth of charge cycles, it's beginning to stabilize. I'm at 1 day 0 hours of standby and 5 hours 22 mins of usage and I'm at 53%.

13. Zmijutin macrumors member

I do get 6 hours of usage time. but I'm not using my iPhone for that long in a day. I charged it at 2PM and now is 1AM and I'm at 3%. I did listen to music, tether to my MBP but there was maybe 4 hours of usage. I'm gonna try to reset icloud, mail and all settings, and then reset iphone and charge it couple of times from 0-100%. I hope that next release will be better in terms of battery life. 6.1 was good, why did I upgrade to 6.1.3 when I'm not using exchange thats beyond me :)

Hope everybody have a great dat!

14. SanjeevRana macrumors 6502a

SanjeevRana

Cannot complain IP5 ... best is to setup as new and then try a restore ...
    Exceptional Standby time and look at my signal bar ;)
    6 hr on LTE, rest on WIFI (Mobile Data also on)

[​IMG]

15. tomoye macrumors member

iPhone 4S, my battery was fine with 6.1.1 and then sucked with 6.1.2. after reading through some of the posts on apple support forums was going to just wait for next update rather than cripple my phone turning everything off, going through restore, etc...

I gave one thing a try and it worked for me... turned off calendars (just had one gmail account synced) and let my phone drain down to <10%. did a full cycle charge and working great today!

hope this helps someone out.

Attached Files:

16. TheLondoner macrumors newbie

for me battery life has gone up from the 6.1.1 to 6.1.2 firmware upgrade. I've not had the pleasure of being on 6.1 firmware to compare 6.1.2 to it :).

I hope apple goes back to it's previous cautious, over testing mentality before releasing stuff, because over the last few years it feels like they've become sloppy with their updates. Anyone else feel this?

17. alice04 macrumors regular

alice04

18. dictoresno macrumors 601

dictoresno

Too lazy to let it completely run down. Basically I was seeing heavy drain last week bit now it's seemed to be a lot better and level off. So far, I'm happy this replacement is holding up alright.

Attached Files:

19. Abazigal macrumors 604

Abazigal

My iPhone 4S is definitely seeing worse battery life these days. However, I am also using it more these days for work-related purposes, so I am unsure just how much is because of a buggy update, and how much is attributed to heavier usage of apps and features like hotspotting.

I still get by the day with 10+% left, so I am not too concerned yet.

20. DEG1 macrumors member

IP5 and 6.1.2. Getting best battery life I have ever had with an iPhone, by a lot actually. Kinda reminds me of the old Blackberry days.

21. zosokm macrumors regular

Same here. Best thing is to reset all settings , let the battery drain down and charge it back to 100%. Works great, on 3G from 730 am and down to 50% at 900 pm with heavy use , including browsing and Bluetooth . Best battery life on any of my smartphones

22. solo118 macrumors 65816

Really mixed reviews here... maybe its worth passing on 6.1.2

It didnt seem like a major update though, but am I missing out on anything at all?

23. C DM macrumors Westmere

In reality the conclusion is that it's really different for different people at different times. There's really nothing that some user experiences will tell you vs. other user experiences. Barring a really widespread and noticeable battery usage issue--which would be noticed, and reported on, by more than just some forum users--there's really nothing that would affect the usage, which can be better or worse for different people at different times.

24. pwfletcher macrumors regular

6.1 sucking my juice fast. Maybe they added some new GPS tracking or similar battery hogging feature.