Otterbox 4S Commuter pictures.

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by troop231, Oct 24, 2011.

1. troop231 macrumors 603

Received the new Commuter this morning, and so far it is working great! It took a little while to get the rubber lined up with the hard plastic, but in the end I finally did. Here are some pictures (sorry for poor quality):

[​IMG] [​IMG]

2. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

nice, so it is a little different than the 4 version.

3. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

I picked up one of the new ones this morning as well, to replace the older model I had on the 4S that didn't have the larger camera cutout. All I can say is, well-done Otterbox! The newer ones are definitely more thought out and seem to go on easier. And now that they've made the top and bottom of the plastic piece like the 3GS version (curved around the corners and not sharp and pointy like the original iPhone 4 model), it's much more comfortable to hold to your ear.

Now I've just got to pick up a couple more colors! What can I say? I love being able to mix it up! :D

4. stev3n macrumors 6502

Nice case, I've always thought about getting an Otterbox Case. I just saw the Survivor Case from Griffin. They have a pretty ridiculous video showing people throwing and dropping the phone while in the case.

5. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

do you mind post some pics of the top and bottom, i want to see how well the hard plastic sits.

6. Macnificant macrumors 6502a

What screen protector do you have on your phone?

7. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

SGP Ultra Crystal, it's really nice!

8. JASApplications macrumors 65816

Looks good! Love the Commuter, not as bulky/ugly as Defender but still overs a ton of protection!

9. Cowabunga macrumors member

Was the screen protector that it came with not good?

10. rockyroad55 macrumors 601

rockyroad55

It gives an awful orange peel effect.

11. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

I've heard from other forum members here that the quality is not good, plus I didn't like the funky notch cut out at the top above the earpiece for the white models proximity sensors.

12. iFalcon macrumors regular

I just ordered the same black combination last night.

What I really wanted is a black hard case/gun metal silicone cover. They offer gunmetal color in another of their combinations. I called this morning to ask about the cost of the gun metal silicone and they ended up tossing it into the order for no additional cost. Wasn't expecting that.

13. awtryau89 macrumors regular

The new SPs are cheaper and have too many cutouts. I still am using an original OB SP and saved one more. I really liked these SPs because the original did not have cutouts for the FFC but it was a very good SP. It did have a touch of rainbow under florescent lights but otherwise it was very clear and would not scratch nearly as easily as any SGP or PS crystal.

14. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Nice! Congrats on the bonus silicone piece. I want the gunmetal grey silicone too (I've got the same black one posted by the OP right now), but I also like the royal blue shell, so what I'm gonna do is order the green/grey and blue/white cases, and put the blue shell on the grey silicone. Once I get that done, I'll post pics. (I'm a case-a-holic, btw...lol). :D

15. troop231 thread starter macrumors 603

Do you happen to also like iPhone projects/mods? I'm working on a cool one right now.. :cool:

16. Jeanca macrumors newbie

Hi, new to this site. I was just wondering if this case has the same problem that the one for the iphone 4 had. At the top part on the left, where the headphone jack is, the plastic used to stick out and made it uncomfortable against your ear. Did they fix it for this one? Thanks!!

17. jasko macrumors 6502

jasko

Yes they fixed it. The plastic now comes over and curves down. I just saw this thread today and immediately went to AT&T and swapped out my old case for the newer one..

18. richxps macrumors 65816

richxps

Can we get some pics of the top and bottom part? Thanks

19. ProMed12 macrumors member

I have the newer Commuter on my 4S as well and didn't use the included screen protector. Fits really well so far.

btw- the proximity sensor is the same on both white & black models.

20. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Haha, I'm always up for a good mod. Whatcha got going on??? :D

21. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Old:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

New:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

22. iHIM macrumors newbie

Hi! I am not sure if mine is defective or if I just keep putting it on wrong, and is it possible to to spoiler tags?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

23. KentuckyHouse macrumors 68020

KentuckyHouse

Are you just talking about the small gaps between the shell and silicone? Hmm, in looking at my black one, it doesn't seem to have gaps like that, so maybe it's yours is just a bit off? You could try contacting Otterbox about it (include the pictures). They're usually really good about customer service. BTW, I love the yellow...that looks great!

24. iHIM, Oct 26, 2011
    Last edited: Oct 26, 2011

iHIM macrumors newbie

I like the yellow a lot too! :D
    After fiddling with it a bit I was able to get it to aline every were except the bottom left corner, I am pretty sure that it is defective but take a look!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

also even with the case off it all aligns except from the bottom left

25. Broadus macrumors 6502a

Screen protector included?

I received my new black Commuter case a couple of days ago, and the black 32GB 4S is to be delivered tomorrow. I ordered my case from Verizon when I ordered the phone, getting a 25% off discount. But . . . there is no screen protector in the Verizon/Otterbox box. From the way it sounds, I'm not really missing something important.

But I do want to find a really good screen protector to protect the front glass.