OtterBox Defender coming soon!!

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Lifesuxsbad, Jun 29, 2010.

1. army91c macrumors 6502a

Looks much nicer than the 3gs version IMHO. Great case but won't be getting one.

2. Lifesuxsbad thread starter macrumors regular

Lifesuxsbad

??

They protect your iPhone so good!! I got mad one day while driving and threw my 3G (while in the Otterbox Defender) as hard as I could in the floorboard of my work truck...it hit hard!!! When I got home I took the phone out of the case and it didn't have one single mark on it!! That sold me as a loyal customer!! If it can take a throw like that and protect the phone 100% I am a customer for life!!

3. bornblind macrumors 6502

bornblind

Will be getting 2. One for me and one for the wife. My 1 year old boy likes to put phones into his mouth. These cases keep our iPhones safe.

4. Geauxfish macrumors newbie

5. S1njin macrumors 6502a

S1njin

6. bobdigi macrumors regular

7. TaylorBoi macrumors member

^^^LMFAOOOO

I'm waiting on the Otterbox but fyi its been saying "Coming soon" for quite some time now....SMH

8. nfl46 macrumors 604

Lol, damn, you can drop your iPhone from a 30-story building and it still won't break with that huge case.

9. Lifesuxsbad thread starter macrumors regular

Lifesuxsbad

?

I sent them an email to ask them if they knew when it would be available so if I get an answer I will post it here.

10. ljx718 macrumors 6502

That smart. Reminds me how my friend, in middle school would have to get a new ps1 control very couple of weeks because I beat him at madden

11. Geauxfish macrumors newbie

it's not about beauty...it's about function

12. Lifesuxsbad thread starter macrumors regular

Lifesuxsbad

Yep

Yeah it has been saying coming soon for a while but this is the first time I have seen pictures of the new case so maybe they are getting closer??? Lets hope anyway!!

13. iRobertM macrumors regular

14. eneisch macrumors 6502a

While I wouldn't go out on the town with that case on my phone, I would consider it for using at work. I work on construction sites and that case looks like it would protect against almost anything. I also like that it covers all ports and sports an integral screen protector.

15. ugahairydawgs macrumors 68030

ugahairydawgs

If I were you I'd wait on the Sedio Innocase to come out. It provides just as much protection but isn't anywhere near as clunky as the Otterbox cases.

16. digiphantom macrumors regular

Since I haven't used an otterbox defender case before, how bulky is it?

17. burnside macrumors 6502

Does the Defender have it's own screen? I can't tell from the pics.

18. Lifesuxsbad thread starter macrumors regular

Lifesuxsbad

Not sure

Not sure but I would think so...that was one of the great features of the case so it better!!! I still keep a screen protector on mine even with it being in a otterbox defender case...double protection!!!

19. Slip Jigs macrumors 6502a

Ugly.

Shouldn't this go in the iPhone Accessories section?

20. UCLAKoolman macrumors 6502a

I'll be getting the otterbox commuter case for my girlfriend. Bumper and invisishield for me

21. iSaxon macrumors 6502a

iSaxon

I can't wait for this to come out! I hope it's not just in black at first like the website suggests for all their cases... I want an all white one.

22. ratman2356 macrumors member

My wife has one on her 3G, I hate not being able to completely clean the fingerprints off the screen and very difficult to rearrange icons with it but very tough case. And yes, it has it's own screen protector on it.

I don't think I will be getting one tho as you lose the slick feel of the touchscreen with it which is one of the things I love about the iphones over all others.

23. Lifesuxsbad thread starter macrumors regular

Lifesuxsbad

Otterbox release date

Update for Case #142865 - "Otterbox"

We do not have a specific release date at this time for the case, and it is best to sign up for the email notification. Once the item is on the website, you will be sent a confirmation email letting you know, and that is also when Customer Service will be notified.

Thank you,

Natasha Megenberg

Blah!!! I already knew that!!!

24. antok86 macrumors member

Update for Case #142366 - "iphone 4"

I know that we are in the process of making the cases, but our Product Development team and Engineers are under a Non-Disclosure Agreement and are not able to give any release date information out. We will know when the cases are available when they are online.

Thank you,
    Natasha Meggenberg