Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ckiggins

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I ordered mine from Verizon (25% off workplace discount) and it will arrive on Friday - already shipped!

Edit: (But I'm porting my # away from Verizon on Friday, so squeezing out the last few dollars from them while I still can!)

ckiggins

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2012
St. Louis, MO
I gotta say - not sure what I think about it. Received the Defender today (early!) - I am not really liking the fact that it has this plastic screen cover thing that is removable. Seems like it would take away from the beauty and clarity of a retina screen.

Anyone have experience with using these before and their thoughts?

HeyGreggie

macrumors 65816
Oct 8, 2011
I gotta say - not sure what I think about it. Received the Defender today (early!) - I am not really liking the fact that it has this plastic screen cover thing that is removable. Seems like it would take away from the beauty and clarity of a retina screen.

Otterbox Defender is there to protect your case from the elements. SO yes.. there's a screen protector.

Martyrd0m

macrumors regular
Jun 18, 2010
NJ
Anyone order the Bolt color and get a shipment notice? My Glacier one shipped a few days ago but nothing on the Bolt color and now you can't even preorder that color. Guess it was the must have one. Otterbox claims its coming in the same box but their online order status shows its only processing.

----------

Granted the built in screen protector does dull down the retina display in terms of sharpness and alittle brightness I rather that then scratches or marks on the screen. Ive used an Otterbox on every iPhone since my 3GS and tried a few different cases and always switch back. I do work in enviroments where the protection is needed. I might try a Lifeproof when they put out a model for the 5 but Im sure they have the same issue with their screen protector.

Mac21ND

macrumors 6502a
Jun 6, 2007
Anyone order the Bolt color and get a shipment notice? My Glacier one shipped a few days ago but nothing on the Bolt color and now you can't even preorder that color. Guess it was the must have one. Otterbox claims its coming in the same box but their online order status shows its only processing.

----------

Granted the built in screen protector does dull down the retina display in terms of sharpness and alittle brightness I rather that then scratches or marks on the screen. Ive used an Otterbox on every iPhone since my 3GS and tried a few different cases and always switch back. I do work in enviroments where the protection is needed. I might try a Lifeproof when they put out a model for the 5 but Im sure they have the same issue with their screen protector.

I've also heard the same about the Lifeproof. Wish they had had their preorder ready like Otterbox - they probably would have gotten my money to start with. For now, the Otterbox Defender will have to do.

pavelbure

macrumors 6502a
Feb 22, 2007
Received mine today, and the quality of this case seems better than the last 2 models. They either had little gaps in spots or strange marks on the case. This one is just perfect all around. It also has a more plasticy feel to it, not like the rubber feel of previous models.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.