Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Yeah the ship time is sketchy at best, we could be looking at a December-January ship and that doesn't figure in what if the monitor come back yellow. GAH...I'd feel better if they just would do something. I don't necessarily want to send mine back, it is just frustrating to know that for the same amount you could have more space when you don't even have your computer yet.

Gah, I know what you are saying. Looking at an early
December ship, and with Penryn likely shipping in January,
it's really not worth the hassle as you might as well just
wait until that update.

wellmac

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2007
England
Where does it say in the terms & conditions that custom builds can't be returned for a refund? (albeit with a £60 charge in the UK)

I only ask as I've just ordered a custom iMac and may return it...

Ilovemygeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Its stated on the invoice. Basically almost everything ordered via web or phone is "configured".

fredsherbet

macrumors member
Jul 30, 2007
Hertford, England
when i got my macbook they got upgraded about 7 days after i received it, so i called up and got £100 refunded :D woot it took them a couple of days to get the pricing details through, to know how much to offer, but it was mostly smooth :)

They should be able to at least refund you the difference in price.

(PS the also offered to let me return the macbook for a newer one, but I didn't want to wait, and the updates were only a speed bump)

mandoman

macrumors 6502
Nov 8, 2005
Another thing to bitch about is the gap between the
MB and MBP has been reduced significantly too.

Too bad those small glossy displays and funky keyboards
suck so bad, else I'd be ordering me up one of those
and saving bucko dinero.

Ilovemygeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
My hubby has a macbook, I just can't get into the keyboard either. Plus I just really loathe glossy screens. Glossy screens....baaaad :p

wellmac

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2007
England
Its stated on the invoice. Basically almost everything ordered via web or phone is "configured".

That's not the case in the UK. According to the T&Cs I just checked (linked on the invoice email), you can return anything for a refund except for an engraved Ipod.

Ilovemygeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Wow, I'm jealous, I almost had 2 freaking Macbooks pros on my card b/c they wouldn't take one back. :(

rnava

macrumors newbie
Oct 1, 2007
????????

So does anyone foresee an update for the MBP 17"?? i know everyones hoping for the addition of a 12/13" or whatever. But would that really be the only update/upgrade?

i guess im asking, im ready to buy the MBP 17" today, but i can wait, i dont want to but i will if something worthwile comes up. if all thats gonna happen is a smaller version, then id rather purchase now.

im primarily concerned with updates either specifically with the MBP 17 or MBPs across the board.

can anyone provide insights? suggestions??

Ilovemygeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
Sure my opinion and this is based on my own frustration is...no matter what your computer will never be the top of the game for very long. So long as it makes you happy, it doesn't matter. Besides, if they do a new MBP in January its always wise to wait out first generation b/c there are always some glitches. So if you want it now, get it now and then try not to kick yourself down the road...could always be worse....like not having yours in your hands and having it outdated already LOL

spinstorm

macrumors 68000
Sep 14, 2007
I bought a Macbook here in the UK last Saturday from PC World.

I could return it but I have two issues - firstly - I doubt PC World will have the updated version before NEXT saturday (as I have 14 days to return it).

And second of all I bought the lowest spec model which means the only difference is a different Intel Graphic Chipset which considering I am not planning on playing games on it I don't see as a huge issue!

Does anyone think its worth even considering changing it?

Ilovemygeek

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 25, 2007
If your happy with it, don't beat yourself up about it...now if ONLY I could follow my own advice.....I'm still stuck on the hardrive myself LOL:rolleyes:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.