Out goes my Mac...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jav6454, Mar 25, 2010.

1. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

Well, something I thought would take ages to happen, finally did. My MacBook' (in sig) screen started to flicker. I just came from the Apple Store and they have taken it.

I am sorta of happy and sorta meh. Happy, because I got the bad batch of screens in in the late '08 revision (9C89 panel), so I am about to get an 'upgrade' to a better one.

Meh because, well, I'll be Macless for a week.

Anyways, see how it goes.

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

Bummer

I was without my MBP for 2 weeks while the logic board was replaced
    It was not a good time for me... I will leave it at that

Hang in there

3. IBradMac macrumors 68000

IBradMac

I remember when I had to send mine in. :( Airport failed for some reason, June '08 refurb. I was a lost soul for two weeks.

Hang in there buddy.

4. Mars478 macrumors 6502a

Mars478

5. iThinkergoiMac macrumors 68030

That's one thing I never understood... the impression people have that Apple will magically upgrade your computer when you send it in. Plus an "upgrade" to a 13" would be something of a downgrade in several ways.

@ the OP... what makes it a "collector's edition"?

6. jav6454 thread starter macrumors P6

jav6454

I don't want Apple to upgrade me to a new 13"; I would very much hate that. No, quite contrary. I just want the LCD display fixed. Hopefully, I get a current gen LCD which has a 60% greater color gamut (that and better viewing angles) vs the old LCD screens.

What makes it a Collector's Edition you say? Well, it was the only MacBook model (mine and everyone else's who bought an Late 08 rev of the MacBook) made out of Aluminum. Every other 13" MacBook is called MacBook Pro, and is identified by such in silver writing.

Mine does have that, nor does it have Firewire. No, I don't need Firewire. It's unique computer among all Macs, the only MacBook made of Al.

As for hanging in there, I have already started feeling the effects of not using my Mac. I can only use my old HP laptop (2006) which I gave to my brother and now have to borrow when he is not using it. That, and I can only do my stuff in my iPhone. Dam, 7 days is going to be a pain.

7. Amnak macrumors 6502

waaaait the Al MB had screen issues I need to check my mom's then how do i know?

8. jav6454 thread starter macrumors P6

jav6454

They don't have screen issues. They had just poor color quality compared to other Macs in that rev. That is a well known fact and was publicized everywhere. Gizmodo even did an in depth review because of this.

I just happened to have my Mac's display go rogue (thank God in a sense)

9. jav6454 thread starter macrumors P6

jav6454

Well, it's coming back. That was fast. They got it yesterday late night, worked on it today all day, and now are shipping it overnight (today also) to the Apple Store Lakeside Mall. I should be getting it by tomorrow at 3PM.

10. mooshroom macrumors newbie

I sent my ibook in a few years ago under warranty and they were unable to fix it (Kept kernel panicking). A customer service rep called me up telling me they were going to give me a new laptop (A macbook) and asked which color I wanted. I said black and BAM... free upgrade from a 1k comp to a newer 1.5k comp with a brand new warranty. So dreams do come true =p

11. mgacam2 macrumors regular

mgacam2

wooooo buddy! You should see my situation. I had my 15 inch macbook pro stolen from me in november of last year. I'v been on an asus EE pc with a 4 gb ssd as a hardrive and windows xp up till now waiting for the new arrandale macbook pros =(

12. A.W.E.S.O.M.-0 macrumors member

Wicked... that's pure evil....

13. jav6454 thread starter macrumors P6

jav6454

Touche....

14. jav6454 thread starter macrumors P6

jav6454

Just got it back from the Apple Store. Got a new display supposedly. I just checked, and I get the same 9C89 type display, UGH! Not what I wanted.

15. jav6454 thread starter macrumors P6

jav6454

WTF?! What did the Apple repair man do? I have 3Gb/s not 1.5Gb/s! How to fix this? Or do I have to call Apple Support again?

Attached Files:

16. mgacam2 macrumors regular

mgacam2

apparently apple made some changes with 10.6.3 and so all the 3 gps have turned to 1.5 due to it latching onto the speed of your harddisk instead