iPhone 11 Pro Out of curiosity, those who are getting the 11 Pro, are you going for the regular Pro or the Max?

iTom17

macrumors 6502a
Aug 2, 2013
Eindhoven, the Netherlands
I went for the regular Pro. I've had an iPhone 8 Plus in the past, and that did turn out to be fine in terms of usability. However, considering how large the actual display is on the 11 Pro Max, I just wouldn't be able to handle that, I think. So I decided to go for the safest option, which is the regular 11 Pro.

wolfboy

macrumors regular
Sep 28, 2010
Coming from the 7 Plus.

I originally pre-ordered the regular Pro for the better one handed use, but the fact that I was downgrading video size was always looming over my head. (most Youtube videos would be 5 inches instead of 5.5)

I re-evaluated my decision and cancelled my pre-order to get the Max. I've gotten pretty used to the Plus size after owning it for three years and can probably adjust to the Max. Also, the 4000mAh battery pushed me over lol

06FA15F6-F3A9-4010-9F9E-C36DA99729D6.jpeg
CEE05295-ED7A-4333-8843-907EC94C2B7F.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: mpshah27

tangfish

macrumors regular
Sep 12, 2014
Gotta say that extra screen real estate is amazing for media, typing, etc but man does that pinky finger take a hit everyday.
A doctor friend of mine said that in recent years more and more people are coming into his work with issues involving bent pinkies from holding smartphones nonstop. Ever since I learned that I’ve been trying to adjust my grip so as not to put all the weight on my pinkies!

AppleWes

macrumors 6502
Oct 9, 2013
11 Pro here (not Max). Too big for pocket and regular size is easier to reach across screen with one hand.

Jim Lahey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2014
Sunnyvale
I’m normally all-in on the Max/Plus sized iPhones, but I’m not so sure now that they are even heavier. My 8 Plus is about as heavy as I think I am willing to live with. I probably won’t upgrade this year anyway, but if I do then I’ll have to think long and hard. Max will be superior to use, but when I’m out and about - not using it - I don’t want it pulling my trousers (pants) down round my ankles unless I tighten my belt :oops:

unobtainium

macrumors 68020
Mar 27, 2011
I’m thinking I’ll downsize to the Pro (from XS Max). Main reasons: one-handed use would be nice for a change, the Max feels awkward in some tight pockets, and I have an iPad I can use for the bigger display when reading/watching videos etc. Plus the Pro is a bit cheaper and less conspicuous while still having just as good cameras, screen, and (now with the 11 Pro) amazing battery life.

Ifti

macrumors 68020
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Pro Max - prefer the bigger screen for watching movies and other content. I've been using the plus sized phones since the iPhone 6s so am used to the larger size.

TrueBlou

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2014
Scotland
Max, I got used to the smaller size of the X after being with the + phones, but I did miss the extra screen. And the X still felt a little small in my, admittedly huge, hands.

Though by the time it arrives it’ll feel even bigger, I’ve already given my X to my wife and I’m using her old 7. So weird having a small screen and a home button again, I already miss FaceID.

MrGunnyPT

macrumors 6502a
Mar 23, 2017
I'm going from the XS to the Pro Max.

Give me that battery life and huge screen.

Coming from the 7 Plus.

I originally pre-ordered the regular Pro for the better one handed use, but the fact that I was downgrading video size was always looming over my head. (most Youtube videos would be 5 inches instead of 5.5)

I re-evaluated my decision and cancelled my pre-order to get the Max. I've gotten pretty used to the Plus size after owning it for three years and can probably adjust to the Max. Also, the 4000mAh battery pushed me over lol

View attachment 859824View attachment 859826
Yeah basically it

Sir Ruben

macrumors 68000
Jul 3, 2010
UK
I have gone for the standard pro, every time i plan to get a max/plus size I always stop myself because I think it will be too big in the hand. Currently I have an X and I struggle to reach the corners of the screen as it is. Saying that, next year I may go all in and get a max.

Jim Lahey

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2014
Sunnyvale
I also think it's important not to be fooled by the diagonal size of the iPhone 11 Pro display if comparing it on paper to an older 16:9 aspect ratio device (iPhone 8 or earlier). The X/XS/11 Pro screens are very narrow compared to the Plus/Max phones, and the width is very important for a phone being used in portrait for the majority of the time.

GothaSteveH

macrumors newbie
Sep 14, 2019
Orlando
I went from an 8 Plus to the X and then got a XS Max, initially I didn’t like the size and swapped out for a XS. After a few months I really missed the larger screen and regretted the change, I tried a XR and couldn’t get used to the “inferior” screen and kept the XS. This time I have a 11 Pro Max coming in that amazing midnight green. I honestly feel the 6.1” screen would be perfect for me if it was OLED.

Reactions: Crazyj414

WannaApple?

macrumors 6502a
Jun 9, 2008
Max. I've had the plus size phones since the 7 and now can't imagine going back to anything smaller. The Max is the perfect size for me.

Espe

macrumors newbie
Sep 16, 2019
Melbourne, Australia
Regular.

Fits my needs. Have my phone in my pocket most of the day and often use it one handed. Max/Plus I didn’t mind but it got a bit annoying. I watch videos on my iPad

Would choose a 6.1 if I could. May downgrade to the base model in my next purchase

Reactions: Crazyj414

mavis

macrumors 601
Jul 30, 2007
Tokyo, Japan
Max.

Had a 6 Plus, then a 6S Plus, and finally a 7 Plus before getting an X. I loved the X from the start, but I really missed the screen real estate. Now that I've been using it for two years, I'm a little worried that the iPhone 11 Pro Max I'm getting tomorrow is going to feel too big ...

bevsb2

macrumors 68000
Nov 23, 2012
iPhone 11 Pro for the form factor. I don't need the larger screen and portability would be a problem for me with the Max.

daleski75

macrumors 68000
Dec 10, 2008
Northampton, UK
Coming from a OnePlus 7 Pro so it's the Max Pro for me, the non max would feel like a backwards step, only thing I am slightly concerned about is the 90hz refresh rate on the OnePlus 7 Pro which is buttery smooth and how the iPhone 11 Pro Max will compare for scrolling smoothness.

sam2428

macrumors 6502
Mar 8, 2011
Houston, TX
I ordered the Pro Max (currently own an iPhone X). I think the X is a perfect size, but want to try out the larger screen now.

I know this may sound dumb, but when I drop $1000+ on a new phone and I want it to feel new/different. I remember when I upgraded from the 6 to the 6S....I ended up exchanging it for a 6S plus within a few days. It just didnt feel like a new phone to me.

I wasn't a believer in the massive phone size before it released, but quickly became used to the size and loved it. So doing the same with the 11 Pro Max.

Reactions: MrEcted