Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pees330

macrumors 6502
May 26, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
I have been using Office 08 since it was released and I use it mostly everyday. I have to say it that I like it better that 04, but there wasn't anything that improved from what I noticed except for maybe some graphical update. Excel is missing some features that I use frequently, so I end up back on Office 07 to finish up the job.

Since I got my new MBP it's my first intel machine and now I'm able to run Office 07. I've been using it a lot more recently and realized how much easier it is to go my work on. I think I'm going to stick to Office 07 and only use 08 if I need some word processing or something small.

DukeofAnkh

macrumors regular
Oct 5, 2007
Melbourne
I read somewhere that the first update was to the UPDATER... LOL

I didn't think the actual application update was out yet, but it is supposed to be out in March...

After Word launches for me, I still have a long delay where I can't type for a long time - sounds similar to your 2004 issue, except that once it catches up, you don't see the delay again.

Office 2008 feels very much like a beta release to me - like there is alot of optimization left to do. Considering how much faster our intel machines are when compared to our PPC machines, it amazes me that a universal Office 2008 could be this slow.

Lets hope it will improve...

That explains it. Also explains why an instance of MSautoupdate appeared in my Trash.

To add to it taking forever to launch, I'd like to mention that it also takes far too long to quit.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.