Overlapping Text Rendering Problems?

Are you getting Overlapping Text Problems on this site?

• Total voters

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
yes.. me, too.

and I accidentally checked both "occasionally" AND "frequently" :eek: It's frequently, ignore my vote for "occasionally. :eek: :eek:

Usually a refresh fixes it up, but on a few threads, it doesn't help anything.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
I am obviously :p (screen grab is mine)

Just got it on this reply as well

The thing is, is that the overlapping only occurs at the top of the page not throughout

Also after my picture uploaded the colors of the page disappeared. No greys or anything, just white

Attachments

katie ta achoo

macrumors G3
May 2, 2005
I haven't gotten any overlapping text using this one.. I'll browse around some more, and if it happens again, I'll post here.

But, I've loaded 30 or so threads using this theme, and aside from being hard on my eyes, it's fine.
(oh how I miss the prettiness of the old theme! :p)

edit:
should (attached image) be happening?
Take note of the post count number, too.

also, I can't upload images..

OutThere

macrumors 603
Dec 19, 2002
NYC
Somehow the vBulletin 3 skin got turned on, which has reputation and post counts visible...plus the add-to-reputation button. :confused:

I kind of like the skin though, except for the fact that at the top it says "vBulletin" instead of having the MR header.

As to the page rendering problems, I've had them happen a few times but only in one forum...I just can't remember which it was. I want to say either private or picture gallery...I'll wait and see if it happens again.

Edit: I think that image uploading doesn't work in the VB 3 skin. I tried it. Plus the reputations are funny. And I have a star. :D

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
OutThere said:
Somehow the vBulletin 3 skin got turned on, which has reputation and post counts visible...plus the add-to-reputation button. :confused:

I kind of like the skin though, except for the fact that at the top it says "vBulletin" instead of having the MR header.

As to the page rendering problems, I've had them happen a few times but only in one forum...I just can't remember which it was. I want to say either private or picture gallery...I'll wait and see if it happens again.

Edit: I think that image uploading doesn't work in the VB 3 skin. I tried it. Plus the reputations are funny. And I have a star. :D
ah... ya, image uploading wont' work on the default theme for now.

No reports of screwed up text in the default theme? I've rebuilt the some of the templates on the regular side.

If you feel brave, you can try going back to the "normal" macrumors theme:

http://forums.macrumors.com/index.php?styleid=16

and let me know if the problems are still there.

arn

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Sent you a badly rendered default-themed page. Back on the regular MacRumors theme now to see how things go. :)

Aaaannd this thread rendered badly first load... :(

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
alright... scrap that theory I suppose

default theme has problems
regular theme has problems
gzip off
single server (dns round robin off)
images served off one server again

arn

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
Can everyone post their Safari Build version?

Safari 2.0.2 416.13 <- me, and I see no problems.

arn

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
2.03 (417.9.2) - Frequent problems.

Hey, I'm in Arn's example image, and I see double of myself! :p

arn

macrumors god
Original poster
Staff member
Apr 9, 2001
where did 419 build come from?

I'm on a Dual G5 with Mac OS 10.4.6

arn

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
skoker said:
EDIT: the attach window is broken too!
Not for me. ...But for the few seconds I tried changing my theme to vbulletin 3, your attach window was empty. I switched back to the forum default and it works fine again.

mad jew

Moderator emeritus
Apr 3, 2004
Adelaide, Australia
Safari 2.0.3, build version 417.9.3 here. I'm as up-to-date as Software Updater will let me be, and I have no extras installed. I get quite frequent problems (although it's not that much of a bother to just refresh the page). :)