Own Both iPhone 6 AND 6+?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Pagandeva2000, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Pagandeva2000 macrumors member

Pagandeva2000

This is a curiousity question only. (I posted this yesterday, but don't see it now, so, forgive me if this is a repeat).

I have been reading that a few people purchased BOTH phones, the 6 as well as the 6 Plus and I just wondered why. This is in no way judging people's choices, but, I wondered if they are both smartphones, what would be the reasoning. I'm hearing that a new iPod Touch may be released along with the new iPads this year, so, I guess the next question would be if there was a choice to obtain a Touch instead, would that influence the decision to have two phones?

Please share your thoughts!

2. penajmz macrumors 68040

penajmz

I do. I own both but is more of a trying it out thing. I really don't know which one I'm keeping and might just keep both and switch the sim around... Idk still haven't decided.

3. rotobadger macrumors 65816

rotobadger

I'm curious about this as well. I actually considered having both and possibly swapping the SIM card. My reasoning is that I would use the 6 for day to day (gym, errands, etc) and the plus for my travel. I travel a great deal and thought it might be cool to leave the ipad mini at home and just grab the plus for my (sometimes lengthy) trips.

I'm not overly serious about doing this but have been mulling.

4. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

I also bought both and im keeping the 6+ the reason why i got both models was because i wanted to compare the size between both devices, now that im decided im returning the 6...

5. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Smart choice. Love my 6 plus. The big screen is pure awesome!.

6. 17MBPC2D macrumors regular

I also own both versions but I find myself reaching out for the 6+ 100% of the time :)

7. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

It's the better phone :D

8. steve31 macrumors 6502a

steve31

I picked up both. My work paid for one and I bought the other. I have always had an iPhone and a Note for the past 3 years and switch between them for different needs. The iPhone 6 is my work phone and the 6+ is my home phone. If I had to pick between them it would be the 6+.

9. 17MBPC2D macrumors regular

My 3 year toddler also leaves the 6 untouched and focuses on the 6+ instead....:p

10. Truthfulie macrumors regular

Tried 6+ but it's way too big for me. I'm sure I can get used to handling it, but the pocket-ability is big with me as I normally do not carry a bag nor do I like to put my phone in a bag even when I carry one. I should like to have OIS, but maybe next time. So 6+ goes to my dad who will enjoy reading & watching stuff on a bigger screen.

11. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Smart Kid :D

12. cnotes2019 Suspended

I would own both if I could find a plus for myself

13. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

Yes i love the 6 plus just can't get enough of it lol... I might exchange it for a gold instead of the space grey that i have right now...

14. Djlild7hina macrumors 6502a

This was originally my plan to try both and see which one I liked but I couldn't order a T-Mobile off-contract one without it pushing back to October. I ended up returning my 6 and ordering a 6+. The 6 doesn't really feel all that new to me so wanted to try a phablet sized phone for once :D

15. nooaah macrumors 68000

nooaah

I own both. The 6 is going back. I got the 6 because the pre-order failed for the plus and I already sold my 5s. Found a Plus in a walk in at an Apple store, bought full price, liked our way more than expected. The Plus is great for me since I travel a lot and spend hours stationary on planes and airports. Otherwise I'd have kept the 6-which is a fantastic phone.

16. locoboi187 macrumors 6502a

17. Pagandeva2000 thread starter macrumors member

Pagandeva2000

I used to have the 5c (32gb) and the iPod Touch 5 to take on the apps that didn't need wifi for me to save space. Now, I got the Plus 128gb, returned the 5c for bill credit and an deciding what to do with the Touch. Right now, the touch sits on the iHome speaker/charger for radio and ambient noise at bedtime.

I alternate between the iPad mini and Plus at home (depending on the activity) and my Plus, of course is joined at my hip outside the home.

18. jlake02 macrumors 68020

jlake02

I own the Plus and my wife owns the 6. They are both great phones for sure but the Plus is exactly what I (personally) had been looking for. It's a brand new experience that makes my iPhone usage exciting and fun again.

The battery is a BEAST that is hard to kill when calibrating the software. Couldn't be happier with the Plus. Haven't enjoyed an iPhone this much since I got the original in 2007.

:apple:

19. Mustangjac macrumors member

Mustangjac

I've got both. I had decided before launch that the 6 was perfect for me, but that little nagging "what if" in my head talked me into ordering a 6+ also. I'd just return whichever one I decided against.

I had the 6 for almost a week before the 6+ arrived (Thanks AT&T....) and loved everything about it. I'd already decided that I was right all along and that I'd cancel the 6+ order since it was taking too long to come anyway. So I cancelled the order, but was apparently too late. AT&T sent me an email saying the cancel failed, then followed up with a tracking number.

So when the new 6+ arrived, I opened it up and played with it for a few minutes. It was big. For sure. But overall, I wasn't overly impressed and put it back in the box. However, the next day, for the sake of proper testing. I swapped the SIM cards out, and decided to carry the 6+ for at least a day before deciding for sure. I got accustomed to the size very quickly and, now I'm mostly sold on the 6+. Mostly. It is a large device, and I'm wondering if I'll come across a scenario where it's a burden.

I've still got a couple days to make up my mind. But if today was decision day, I'd be choosing the 6+.

20. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

My wife has a gold 6 and it looks very elegant. I personally prefer the black front because I like to see just the screen without any other distractions and love the sleek look but hey, gold or gray, it's still a plus and I'm sure you'll enjoy either one. I can't put mine down!. Good luck :)

21. big samm macrumors 65816

big samm

When to the Apple store today to give back the 6 that i had, and wanted to exchange the 6+ space grey for a 6+ gold but they didn't have any 6+ in stock, so i kept my space grey and bought apple care for it! Very happy that i kept the 6+ and like you its in my hand all day long!!

22. ZhenyaF macrumors 6502

As a lot of people here, I ordered both the 6 and the 6+. Played around with 6+ for one day, that was enough for me to decide to keep the 6+

23. jun180 macrumors regular

jun180

Two bought both to compare. Torn between which iPhone to keep.

Screen and Battery aregreat on 6+ but the 6 has great portability and camera is almost on par between both (except low light shots).

Attached Files:

24. Ramio macrumors 6502a

Ramio

Glad you're happy with your 6+. My wife ended up taking back her 6 today and exchanged it for the 6+. She couldn't take looking at me watching videos on my screen lol.

25. BoxerGT2.5 macrumors 68000

BoxerGT2.5