Pages 09 and Yosemite

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Huntn, Feb 11, 2015.

1. Huntn macrumors G5

Huntn

I prefer, insist using Page 09 because of its bookmarks which were trashed in a later version. I can't believe that feature was dropped. Does anyone know if it will still be functional if I install Yosemite? Thanks!

2. Huntn, Feb 11, 2015
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015

Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

I'll answer my own question, indeed Pages 09 works with Yosemite. I just tested it on my wife's Mac with Yosemite installed. The caveat is that you must use the iWork 09 installer or all of the necessary bits won't make it, plus it may ask you for a serial number...

I also found this very handy site which addresses which versions of Apple software runs on which versions of the Mac OS: http://roaringapps.com/apps?index=p

I'll also report that updating to Yosemite had no adverse effect on my wife's Windows partition. Now for my MBP. :)

3. neutrino23 macrumors 68000

Thanks. I too use Pages 09 on Yosemite. I don't use bookmarks. My need is the ability to link text boxes in layout mode. That part works fine in Yosemite.

4. Trinite macrumors regular

Hm, thanks, I've been wondering about this too, and whether it's wise to update to Yosemite. But can I ask: what do you mean about needing to use the iWork installer? If I already have Pages 4.3 on Mavericks, and update to Yosemite, will I need to reinstall iWork afterwards??

Thanks for any info!

5. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

What I said was misleading. When I moved the Pages 09 application by itself to my wife's Mac running Yosemite, (where it had not been previously installed), and launched it, I got a warning about it not being compatible. However when I ran the iWork 09 installer on my wife's Mac , then it was good to go.

However, when I upgraded my MBP to Yosemite, I had to do nothing extra because Pages 09 had been installed prior to the upgrade, and whatever it needs to run, was still in there somewhere. :)

6. Huntn thread starter macrumors G5

Huntn

The new Pages does not link text boxes?? Those cheap so and sos! :p But really! I made a text box linked template in layout mode with half sized pages oriented side by side (oriented sideways in landscape) printed on a 8x11 piece of paper, that allows me to easily print documents front and back in two steps. These were used for quick study guides that I used in my profession that went into small 3 ring half size (4x8") binders.

Bookmarks are vital to just about every document I create because they offer quick links for jumping around a document not scrolling through dozens (or more) of pages. For example if every chapter gets a bookmark, it's very easy to skip around.

7. Trinite macrumors regular

Whew! Thanks!!