Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
I'm an old Appleworks die hard fan being dragged into the future with Lion. I realize there is a familiarity issue, but it appears that from a feature perspective, Appleworks was a better more flexible program. AWs outline formatting seems to be easier, but I'm sure as time goes by I'll get used to Pages.

Pages Paragraph Styles
In Pages, I'm using Paragraph styles to achieve the same look I had with my custom AW outlines. These paragraph styles can be formatted with levels so text can be pushed up or down to different indention levels and different formatting. I know that TAB is used to push a line of text to a lower level while Shift-Tab is used to raise it a level.

Question: Is there a quick key combo to move a line of text up to down to a different level, but not alter the levels of the lines below it?

If you have any good Pages How-To links, they would be appreciated! Thanks!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
As I work with Pages, I also notice that if I make a custom list (paragraph styles), that if one of those list levels is a number, I can't seem to add a break that will allow me to start a new section and have the numbers start over at 1. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I'm gonna get a copy of iWork9, The Missing Manual, maybe I can find some good guidance there. I was hoping there might be a visual Quick Start guide that covers Pages, but have yet to find one...

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Pages 09 Experts
Using Pages 09, one of my documents has stated popping up a "document warning" when I open it. If I review the warning it says "missing file", "droppedimage.tiff", but offers no way to correct the issue and I have no idea why it's appearing. As far as I know, I've not used an image in this document.

Is there way to get rid of this warning permanently? Thanks!

Huntn

macrumors Core
Original poster
May 5, 2008
The Misty Mountains
Pages 09 Experts
Using Pages 09, one of my documents has stated popping up a "document warning" when I open it. If I review the warning it says "missing file", "droppedimage.tiff", but offers no way to correct the issue and I have no idea why it's appearing. As far as I know, I've not used an image in this document.

Is there way to get rid of this warning permanently? Thanks!

I figured it out. Somehow I lost a pasted image of a serial number. I removed that blank image and the messages have gone away. :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.