paintball 101

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by puckhead193, Jul 5, 2012.

1. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

So lucky me I'm going paint-balling tomorrow. I've never gone before, what should I expect? What should I wear? I was told to wear a sweatshirt and long pants either jeans or sweats, is this true mostly to help absorb some of the impact of the shots. I planned on wearing an under armour shirt to absorb sweat, then a long sleeve T then a sweatshirt and jeans.
    Also how bad do these things hurt? I have a very low threshold of pain.:eek: I'm going with kids and was told that they are turning down the pressure or something of the guns, can this be done?

Thanks!

2. Demosthenes X macrumors 68000

Demosthenes X

Don't wear a sweatshirt, wear something made from polyester or similar. Paintballs are more likely to ricochet off it without breaking. ;) It'll also be easier to clean. Paintballs are water soluble, so they should wash out of anything, but why not wear something you can just wash off afterwards?

Otherwise, yeah, wear an extra layer or two to reduce the impact. Paintball doesn't hurt all that much, really, but they can hit hard enough to leave bruises at close range. I've never heard of turning down the pressure on the guns, but I guess it should be possible.

And have fun. Paintball is amazing.

3. boss.king macrumors 68040

boss.king

Don't wear a sweatshirt, if you can't feel anything it takes half the fun out of the game. Wear some jeans and a long sleeve shirt and some old sneakers. I actually played the other day at a friends place, he has a bunch of guns. It's really fun, just make sure you don't run out of ammo in a time of need ;)

Good luck

4. leftywamumonkey macrumors 6502a

leftywamumonkey

I thought it hurts when the balls don't break?

5. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

No it just hurts more. It still hurts when they break.

6. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

Thhans for tips everyone! Hopefully I won't get too bruised :p

7. jefflosan912 macrumors newbie

Be what you are never wear things which u don't think are good just do it by your own way never follow others....

8. jav6454 macrumors P6

jav6454

I know this comes late, but never try to be Rambo in paint ball. You are just gonna have a bruised time.

9. puckhead193 thread starter macrumors G3

puckhead193

yeah, i had a blast! i crouched down behind a bunker and just picked off the kids :D

10. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Do we have a job for you.

The Army is looking for a few good men.

And my neighbourhood could use you too.

:)

11. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

Don't get shot.........

Signed your loving Uncle. :)

Paintball is freaking blast. What sucks is when some of the players amp up their guns and they go just a wee bit faster than they should!

Yeah it hurts a little.

I wear, light pants (BDU's usually with pockets for extra rounds), heavier styled camo jacket and neck bandana (been hit to many times in the neck) and light black boots.

Are you playing the speed type or the urban/jungle type?

12. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Oh boy, this bodes well for Mankind.

But never mind me, please continue.

13. rhett7660 macrumors G4

rhett7660

What.......... :D

14. iJohnHenry macrumors P6

iJohnHenry

Who??? :D

15. malman89 macrumors 68000

I used to play paintball often when I was in high school. Then naturally I got a new set of stuff just before college, went to college in a major city (Chicago) with nowhere convenient to go, and after 5 years of school/work in Chicago, I just dusted off my still perfect condition equipment.

I've been thinking about getting back into it while it's still warm out. There's a few indoor places around, but the outdoor ones are always nicer around here. Or was the case when I played.

16. eric/ Guest

eric/

I like to play wearing a t shirt and mesh shirts to keep me cool
    And increase mobility, but then I get cut and scraped up. Whenever I play speedball though I have to wear long sleeves/pants for diving and sliding