Pandora hack 3.1.8 released

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by gravytrain84, Mar 14, 2011.

1. gravytrain84 macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

No more having to downgrade pandora for the hack. This is by far one of my favorite tweaks. :D:cool:

2. dockingbay94 macrumors regular

dockingbay94

doesn't remove ads though :[

guess i'll stick with 3.1.4

3. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

Yeah I just noticed that... I'm not changing either

4. mik0 macrumors newbie

Installed it, and the skip limit screen still came up for me..

5. kalirob99 macrumors 68000

kalirob99

Opposite for me, unlimited skips, but the ads are there. Good enough for me.

6. puffdc macrumors newbie

7. noah82 macrumors 6502a

noah82

Does anybody know the repo to find this hack?

8. Hype2k2 macrumors 6502

Hype2k2

I know it's on xsellize, not sure if I'm allowed to post it, but just google it.

9. mitsitsad macrumors member

anyone know if this does something different than the older versions? My phone has 3.1.4 installed and i get no ads and no commercials, but setting up another phone last night it gave me ads on the new versions...I uninstalled everything and went into installous and downloaded Pandora version 3.1.4 and then reinstalled the hack through cydia, but im still getting commercials. Is there any way to look up the old hack through cydia?

10. DaRealElvis macrumors member

Just a quick question:

Does this hack also allows Pandora to work in other countries (I live in Germany), that would be awesome! I loved this app when I was staying in the states.

Is there like a tutorial or something how this works? A private message would be highly appreciated :)

11. sbddude macrumors 6502a

I would also like to know how it works

12. DaRealElvis macrumors member

I tried a bit to get it running!

The hack definately doesn`t help to bypass the countrybann! It its working with "hotspot shield" for iphone. The problem is, that the internet is getting super slow and I get a lot of lags and interuptions in the song.

But I found out that if you select a station with "Hotspot Shield" and then disable the VPN I have a second to press play even without the VPN-Client. So you can use Pandora to listen to music, but you cannot control the app any more! There is just a screen saying "cannot connect to Pandora" but the music is still playing in the background :p

So my question is:
    - Is there any other app/programm/proxy/etc. to trick Pandora, which is not making my internet slower
    - Is there maybe a way to get rid of the "cannot connect to Pandora" screen.

cheers

13. bmms8 macrumors 68020

im still on pandora 3.1.4. I wish who enjoyed this tweak never upgraded. I am still enjoying ad free, skip free music.

14. Maverick1337 macrumors 65816

Maverick1337

By ad-free do you mean the music doesn't stop to play ads or there are no ads at the bottom of the page popping up that you have to clip the "x" to close it?

15. allisfair macrumors member

i'm in canada and use hotspot shield too. however, using the vpn does cause skipping sometimes cause it is slower.

what i do is similar to you but i wait until it starts playing the station and it shows all the song info. once i have that i toggle off the vpn (using sbsettings) and the music plays smooth w/ no more skipping and continues to show all song info and i can skip tracks if i want.

i just can't do ratings, bookmarking or a start a new station w/o toggling the vpn back on which is fine since i stay on the same station whenever i start up pandora.

16. choice macrumors regular

+1

but i'm on pandora 3.1.5

17. DaRealElvis macrumors member

hmmm, unfortunately it doesn`t work in my case. The problem is that the ads screw up the whole thing. With or without the VPN the ads are just not loading and I have to restart pandora and do the whole procedure all over again (I can listen to 3 songs max).

So unfortunately it`s totally not usable for me. :(

18. bmms8 macrumors 68020

its both. i dont get visual or audio ads.

19. chiefpavvy macrumors 6502a

I noticed on 3.1.8 the ads are really obnoxious. I close the ad and a few seconds later it pops right back up. Much worse than previous versions, though admittedly I haven't used Pandora for quite awhile. I was dismayed to see this behavior yesterday. Not sure if they're really pushing for subscriptions now or what but very annoying.

20. sbddude macrumors 6502a

Does the 3.1.4 hack allow unlimited skips too?

21. DaRealElvis, Mar 18, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2011

DaRealElvis macrumors member

How do you toggle off VPN via SSBSettings? I can`t find the toggle!
    €: aaah, this is driving me crazy!!! haha, okay I found the toggle in Cydia. It gives me like a minute more time without the "cannot connect to pandora screen". Now I can skip like 3 songs before I get the screen.
    Is there really no "hack" which prevents Pandora from checking the countryIP all the time?????? I guess I have to give up hopes to ever get Pandora working.

22. bmms8 macrumors 68020

yes i already stated that it does.

23. iPad 2nd Gen macrumors regular

How selfish can you be? The ads keep Pandora free for us users. You don't even pay for the service, you have no ****ing right to complain.

24. Geckotek macrumors G3

Geckotek

Wait, so it's not cool to discuss installing pirated apps using installous but it's okay to discuss ways to screw Pandora? :confused:

25. gravytrain84 thread starter macrumors 6502a

gravytrain84

How is this screwing pandora? Just curious..

IMO, paying pandora and still having limited skips is screwing the buyer... Just my .02