Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pandora or Spotify

• Pandora

Votes: 18 38.3%
  • Spotify

Votes: 14 29.8%
  • Other (Share what it is)

Votes: 15 31.9%

• Total voters

Tech198

Cancelled
Mar 21, 2011
I like pandora - since Spotify seems integrated into facebook I prefer not going that route.

integrated ? Just because their there, doesn't mean you have to use them.

To me, if its an option, then i choose not using Facebook.

Besides, i don' t have a Facebook account, signed up with Spotify credentials, and i hate to say.... I'm sorry i did.

I'm now ditching this for Pandora... Way better selection, in my view....

Even getting round Spotify's pesky country thing is easy, but even listening to U.S content from Spotiy is not the issue. (hey....... If i want stuff i get it . :) Try and stop me)

It's just even though Spotify states millions of songs per day, which ones are they referring to here ? .... Coz its definitely not MY genre.

Pandora just has a more variety of selection.

Mac52

macrumors newbie
Jan 22, 2012
Better option

Check out Raditaz, it has the most music out there, over 20m songs - No ads, a great station algorthm and over 200 curated playlists, plus it's free.

Razeus

macrumors 603
Jul 11, 2008
And even if you did use Facebook for a Spotify account, you DON'T have to post what you are listening to. There are options....:rolleyes:

tekboi

macrumors 6502a
Aug 9, 2006
EasŦcoast
I like pandora - since Spotify seems integrated into facebook I prefer not going that route.

You don't have to login using facebook.

Spotify is LEAPS AND BOUNDS better than pandora. I have about 10 playlist on spotify right now and it cost me absolutely nothing to make them. I can search entire albums, artists, or single songs for nothing. The spotify library is MASSIVE!

But I pay for spotify unlimited because in my opinion it's definitely worth paying for. The only edge I think pandora has over spotify is that it create better radio stations from suggested artists. When i start an artist radio on spotify it seems to play the same few artists and songs over and over again.

But

Philscbx

macrumors regular
Jan 4, 2007
Mpls Mn
I got into Spotify just before they integrated with FB
In general to everyone -
If Spotify playing tune doesn't show history of the artist - and similar artists to sample -
then it still has a long way to go, as all others tried, also have nothing close to compare to Pandora.
Free - a couple ad's now and then - not a problem - pay to eliminate it.

Some of them don't even let you pick an artist - what the heck is that all about?
Half of my playlists exist because of in depth work they put into it.

I wouldn't even know those Artists even existed that play what I like.

Soon as you need to 'like' something - so it's posted on FB - what's in it for You? Nothing.
It's a false rating system no one invested in.

All the time - posts come up - hey, vote for this - to create a false rating to win something for the contestant.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.