Become a MacRumors Supporter for $25/year with no ads, private forums, and more!

MacRumors

macrumors bot
Original poster
Apr 12, 2001

Panera Bread today announced that it now offers customers 3% Daily Cash when they use the Apple Card with Apple Pay for purchases in the Panera app, on Panera.com, and at its restaurants across the United States.

panera-bread.jpg

Panera Bread is the first restaurant to offer 3% Daily Cash, with other participating brands including Apple, Nike, T-Mobile, Uber, Uber Eats, Duane Reade, Walgreens, and Exxon and Mobil gas stations. Daily Cash is automatically added to the Apple Cash card in the Wallet app, or it can be applied as a credit on your Apple Card statement balance.

This news confirms a 3% Daily Cash banner in the Panera app spotted by Appleosophy a few weeks ago. All other merchants offer 2% Daily Cash when using the Apple Card with Apple Pay, while the physical Apple Card provides 1% Daily Cash.

Article Link: Panera Bread Now Offers 3% Daily Cash With Apple Card

4jasontv

macrumors 601
Jul 31, 2011
Panera has a drive-thru?? Never seen one.

The one closest to me has one, and I live in a city that banned building new drive-thrus because they became a traffic issue. As a result grandfathered drive-thru locations are really expensive to lease. What I don't understand is how they have afforded to keep their location as long as they have because I never see anyone waiting in line when I pass by it and the few times I have gone inside they are nearly empty.

AvisDeene

macrumors regular
Sep 25, 2017
They have over 2,000 locations so I think it's safe to say people like the food. You don't have to eat it.

Their food isn't bad, but it is very lack luster and plain for the price one pays. I do love egg and cheese(need to find a grocery store who has similar cheese- it is so good) on the rustic ciabatta and their frozen caramel lattes though, I just wish the calorie count was 1/10 of what it actually is.

dumastudetto

macrumors 68040
Aug 28, 2013
It is impressive they can afford to offer Apple Card customers such a big amount of cashback per transaction. 3% is insanely generous.

triangletechie

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2017
NC
That must have gone so far over your head you couldn't even feel a breeze.
so you do pay for and eat food you dislike?

Typically when a person chooses to drive to a restaurant, they are doing so because they like something on that restaurant's menu. But you're the exception I suppose. That makes you very special and quite the anomaly.

Usually when restaurants expand locations, it's not because their customers hate their food. It's actually the opposite.

B4U

macrumors 68040
Oct 11, 2012
Undisclosed location
so you do pay for and eat food you dislike?

Typically when a person chooses to drive to a restaurant, they are doing so because they like something on that restaurant's menu. But you're the exception I suppose. That makes you very special.
Let me give you an example.
Working with a group of colleagues, and someone suggested to get lunch from a particular place. No one wants to stick out like a sore thumb to reject the idea. Get the picture? (I have been in this kind of situation far too often...:eek:)

triangletechie

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2017
NC
Let me give you an example.
Working with a group of colleagues, and someone suggested to get lunch from a particular place. No one wants to stick out like a sore thumb to reject the idea. Get the picture? (I have been in this kind of situation far too often...:eek:)
Actually I'm man enough to say whether or not I like food from a particular restaurant.

triangletechie

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2017
NC
You used the number of locations as justification that people like them. I provided an example of how that isn't always true.
Yes, I said people like the food that Panera has hence why they add more stores. People like the items at Gamestop which is why they have so many locations. I didn't say anything about customer service which is what you seem to be referring to when you brought up Gamestop.

I can't think of a single business model where businesses expand because people hate the products or food they offer.

Reactions: matrix07 and kltmom

triangletechie

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2017
NC
Panera Bread is underwhelming for the price and I'm proud to have avoided it for years. Who cares about 3% cash back when it's at least 30% too much to begin with... (answer: I'm sure somebody does)
I'm certain this news thread is for people who do like and eat at Panera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.