Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
UPDATE: to install 1.0.2 pangu, you should first install the 1.0.1 from the pangu website and after that, from you phone, click on the pangu icon and update it to 1.0.2 (OTA). i.e. the 1.0.2 is not a full standalone JB, but just a delta update over the 1.0.1. When done, click on Cydia and update to the latest release. Do not enable passcode.

[Update]Pangu 8.0-8.1.x Untether 0.2

Pangu team just released Pangu 8.0-8.1.x Untether 0.2 with bugs fixed.

How to UPDATE: Tap Pangu icon on your homescreen then tap Manage and you will see the update.

Edit1: This update fixed Mobile Substrate not loading after reboot, iMessage photo bug and safari crash.
Edit2: IMPORTANT: Do not set a passcode!

----------

I just updated.. confirmed that the update fixes the 3 bugs listed above! :eek::D:apple:

Last edited:

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
After you JB can you then setup and use touch ID or passcode?
Or does the device have to stay unprotected for the JB to work?

the release notes don't state it fixes passcode/Touch ID so I have not tried it because it puts phone in boot loop

mjz147

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2009
I am surprised by how fast this was released, but still a little confused about the current state of the JB.

Please correct me if I am wrong, but I am under the impression that it is Highly recommended to update to iOS 8.1 from computer
(Download & install 8.1 IPSW)

I thought I read that there is no computer client, meaning just JB from Pangu.com

Looks like the MMS and safari bugs have been taken care of, also someone confirmed the passcode/touch ID works after the update.

Can you install Cydia directly from the app or are there more steps involved.

Again, not trying to rush anyone but this time around I am in NO rush to Jailbreak unless it is either plug into PC or from mobile app, click the JB button and cydia is installed.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Pangu releases 1.0.2 (UPDATE WITH BUG FIXES)

Cydia is not bundled. The update takes place from within the desktop app that is installed when you jailbreak using the 1.01 windows desktop tool.

Yes. It is recommended that you restore to iOS 8.1 via iTunes before jailbreak in.

mjz147

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2009
Cydia is not bundled. The update takes place from within the desktop app that is installed when you jailbreak using the 1.01 windows desktop tool.

Yes. It is recommended that you restore to iOS 8.1 via iTunes before jailbreak in.

OK, and as far as installing Cydia goes... (I am not too familiar with all of the JB terms) but I thought I read that you have to do a SSH process? or something along the lines of that lol?

If that's the case I might hold of on the JB for now.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
One step at a time! I'll patiently wait for the Mac+Cydia version. Thanks!

pangu team tweeted the other day they will not be working on Mac version soon. they will eventually get to I assume, but it doesn't seem to be a priority.

MrGimper

macrumors G3
Sep 22, 2012
Andover, UK
I assume you just need to disable Touch ID / Passcode lock, and not actually remove your fingerprints etc. i.e. the device needs to not have any kind of lock present to use it.

i84CTBound

macrumors newbie
Sep 4, 2012
CT
i tried it. It crashed my iPhone 6 so i powered the device off and it would power back online unless in DFU mode. so beware when updating through the pangu app.

mjz147

macrumors regular
Aug 16, 2009
Pangu Team's work is appreciated but it sounds like as of right now the JB is not ready for your average Joe lol

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
What is the URL, please, for this latest version of Pangu?

the update (1.0.2) is only available through the pangu app that is installed once you jailbreak using the tool available on their website (version 1.0.1)

----------

for the record. the passcode/Touch ID issue is not an issue with pangu jailbreak but it is an issue with cydia.

hakr100

macrumors 6502a
Mar 1, 2011
East Coast
the update (1.0.2) is only available through the pangu app that is installed once you jailbreak using the tool available on their website (version 1.0.1)

----------

for the record. the passcode/Touch ID issue is not an issue with pangu jailbreak but it is an issue with cydia.

I don't see a 1.0.1 on the pangu website. Can you please post the correct URL? Thanks.

TriJetHero

macrumors 601
Oct 13, 2010
World
the update through the pangu app worked fine on my i6

Rebooted ok and CS applied without the need to respring.

Havn't tried passlock or touchid yet, maybe somebody else with a vanilla JB can try that, already restored once....

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
I am still waiting for the official release that bundles cydia that way I dont have to SSH.

learning to use ssh on any jailbroken device is very helpful, but do what you feel is best/ are comfortable with.

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
I am still waiting for the official release that bundles cydia that way I dont have to SSH.

Ya I was so excited to see they updated it, till I saw Cydia still isn't bundled. And sadly going to have to try and use Wine to run it on my MBP.

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
from Pangu Team:

About update: If you already installed MobileSubstrate and other tweaks, for some compatibility issues, this may cause the springboard process to keep crashing. In this case, please reboot your iOS device and at the same time keep holding the + volume button. Then you will be able to disable MobileSubstrate and uninstall incompatible tweaks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.