Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

h9826790

macrumors P6
Apr 3, 2014
Hong Kong
I've applied this update to two 6+ and one 5s.

1st 6+ update via Cydia with passcode still on. After the update, it goes into infinity boot loop (expected). Holding the volume up button can then successfully boot into safe mode. Disable passcode, reboot, re-enable passcode. Everything back to normal. I can further reboot the 6+ without any issue (with passcode / finger print lock still on). So, no real threat to apply this update even though with passcode on. Very easy to fix.

2nd 6+ and 5s update via Pangu app, no passcode, extremely simple.

Both 6+ shows that Safari and iMessage fixed. And the 5s never experience any trouble.

JPNFRK7

macrumors 6502a
Sep 27, 2012
California
Updated earlier on my iPhone 5 and it got stuck after I hit reboot. Turned phone off and back on and it went straight to Safe Mode. Then tried pulled all tweaks and rebooted. Still safe mode. Restarted and held volume up button, now on springboard. Reboot again and it goes into infinite boot. Got it to reboot to springboard and removed substrate. Then reinstalled substrate. Tweaks now install but dont show up in settings. Might have to restore and re jailbreak tonight

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
Windows computers are everywhere.
Download the program to a usb drive and bring your iphone and usb wire somewhere to JB it. It only takes a few minutes and can be done on any pc that has itunes installed.

Eh I've got Win7 on an oooollllllllddddd Ubuntu Toshiba Satellite that I may fire up, if need be. Right now I'm downloading the 8.1 update from iTunes for the 5th time as it keeps timing out. Also now downloading the ISPW for 8.1 b/c iTunes is seriously pissing me off. I was as high as 1.4GB of 1.95GB dl'd for the 8.1 update and it timed out.

jt999

macrumors regular
Oct 11, 2007
I downloaded the Pangu exe file, associated it with Wine, double clicked it and Wine kicked in.

Browno01

macrumors regular
Sep 17, 2012
I downloaded the Pangu exe file, associated it with Wine, double clicked it and Wine kicked in.

I'm just seeing a greyed out button, seems it isn't detecting the iPhone

Wine or Winebottler? Crazy Pangu says they have no plans to release a Mac version any time soon.

I also tried with Wine. Froze up in mid process.

This will not work. The exe looks for Windows based iTunes drivers, and will not work with OS X and Wine as it doesn't have these.

lewismayell

macrumors 6502a
Mar 24, 2013
South West England
If I install the still buggy Jailbreak (getting impatient), when they release the stable one do I have to do anything extra or is there just an update via my laptop again?

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009
I think this release will teach the Pangu team to perhaps test better? Seems like far more bugs this time around. Now iTunes Syncing problems?

got556

macrumors 6502
Jul 7, 2013
Indiana
I think people just need to be honest with themselves and realize this was for developers only and they came out the gate stating that. The fact they even have a jailbreak out at this point in time is a feat in itself.

dannyg86

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2014
I think people just need to be honest with themselves and realize this was for developers only and they came out the gate stating that. The fact they even have a jailbreak out at this point in time is a feat in itself.

Exactly. It is great how they are getting these updates out fast so that jailbreak devs can patch up their tweaks for iOS 8.

When they do a release that packages Cydia, then it will be a fairer time to judge the quality, as the final Jailbreak.

Keep it up Pangu!

Dwalls90

macrumors 603
Feb 5, 2009

True, but the kind of bugs were seeing after even updates... Just unusual from prior years.

benrd

macrumors member
Jan 11, 2008
Me too, but on windows?

I had it on a mac using wine.
managed to get it to detect my phone using VMWare Fusion and a virtual mating but it struggled it didn't seem to install properly (i had a pangu app showing but with no icon picture and it crashed each time i tried to open)
then i read about the latest bugs so restored and will wait it out agin!

myname70

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2014
1.0.2 is missing?

Where is the 1.0.2 version> On pang website is till the original 1.0.1.....

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
Where is the 1.0.2 version> On pang website is till the original 1.0.1.....

read the thread.. people screw up their phones because they aren't reading.

----------

Update to Cydia Substrate (0.9.5014) fixes issues exposed by Pangu untether 0.2 (syncing, installing apps, certain boot issues)

myname70

macrumors 6502a
May 5, 2014
read the thread.. people screw up their phones because they aren't reading.

----------

Update to Cydia Substrate (0.9.5014) fixes issues exposed by Pangu untether 0.2 (syncing, installing apps, certain boot issues)

thanks. The OP should be updated - that to install 1.0.2 pang, you should first install the 1.0.1 from the pang website and after that, from you phone, click on the pangu icon and update it to 1.0.2 (OTA). i.e. the 1.0.2 is not a full standalone JB, but just a delta update over the 1.0.1

dlmart2

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 2, 2007
thanks. The OP should be updated - that to install 1.0.2 pang, you should first install the 1.0.1 from the pang website and after that, from you phone, click on the pangu icon and update it to 1.0.2 (OTA). i.e. the 1.0.2 is not a full standalone JB, but just a delta update over the 1.0.1

Will do. Thanks!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.