Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samcraig

macrumors P6
Jun 22, 2009
USA
I admit I haven't read the full thread - but in the (hopefully near) future - are you going to be able to actively share lists (i.e. my wife and I have one list of todos) so that each person who shares the list can add/check off items that are complete? Or is that not in the lifecycle of the app?

thx!

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Gonna give this a go, looks like a good app that will get used unlike some others i've got.

Thanks Grayburn, I hope you do find it useful.

Another convert from Lite to paid. Picked up the Lite version and was suitably impressed so bought the full version in the sale.

Would be nice to date stamp completed tasks, so when emailing the list it provides a sort of audit trail.

Thanks for the purchase LostLogik. :) At least one other person has requested a date stamp on completed tasks... so it's on my radar. I can see how it would be useful.

I admit I haven't read the full thread - but in the (hopefully near) future - are you going to be able to actively share lists (i.e. my wife and I have one list of todos) so that each person who shares the list can add/check off items that are complete? Or is that not in the lifecycle of the app?

thx!

I do want to add syncing between devices - potentially via Dropbox. This is something I'm exploring for the next update (or perhaps the one after that).

One thing I have to take into consideration, is that people might want to share some lists with others - but not all of their lists. So I'm trying to think through that as well.

JeffLebowski41

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2010
Thanks for the purchase LostLogik. :) At least one other person has requested a date stamp on completed tasks... so it's on my radar. I can see how it would be useful.

I would most certainly appreciate this. I've been using your app to help organize a bit at work and date stamps on completed tasks would be great to have.

LostLogik

macrumors 6502a
Jul 9, 2008
I would most certainly appreciate this. I've been using your app to help organize a bit at work and date stamps on completed tasks would be great to have.

I've recently started using it for managing a project at work and it's for that reason I'd like to see date stamping. Even better would then be the ability to sync to a file in DropBox. That way I could gave a list that everyone in the project could see (even if they didn't use the app; a sort of export to DropBox or other WebDAV location).

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
A new version of Paperless and Paperless Lite have been submitted to the app store for approval... coming in this next release:

• Includes an easy to use backup feature. Send backups to yourself via email, and either restore all lists or restore each list individually. (see the attached screenshot for an example of the backup email)

• Import/export lists via email - lets you send lists to other Paperless users that they can import directly into their own copy of Paperless with just one tap. (note, you must have the "Include Paperless Info" feature turned on in the email settings to use this)

• In Paperless Lite, the limit on the number of list items has been increased to 30 - which I think will give people a better chance to see just how useful Paperless can be

• Paperless Lite now includes a "Transfer Lists To Paperless" button on the Settings screen, to easily transfer your lists to Paperless

More good stuff to come! :)

(and I haven't forgotten about you guys requesting the time/date stamp on completed items... just wanted to get the backup feature out there since it's important)

Attachments

• backup_email.jpg
    backup_email.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
Awesome!!!

This is the post that I have been waiting for!!! I had already purchased your app but had deleted it from my iPhone because of the potential loss of information that was stored in the app. Having the ability to email and store my lists in my gmail account is what will turn this app into a homescreen favorite, now moving Evernote to my office folder.

If integration with Evernote is ever implemented, then this will become a SUPER app. For now, GREAT work, keep it up and look forward to the future!:)

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
This is the post that I have been waiting for!!! I had already purchased your app but had deleted it from my iPhone because of the potential loss of information that was stored in the app. Having the ability to email and store my lists in my gmail account is what will turn this app into a homescreen favorite, now moving Evernote to my office folder.

If integration with Evernote is ever implemented, then this will become a SUPER app. For now, GREAT work, keep it up and look forward to the future!:)

Sorry to hear that you had deleted it, but glad you're giving it another try.

I'm hoping people like the way backup has been implemented... and I think the importing/exporting of lists will be very useful. (my wife and I are already emailing grocery lists and such back and forth) :D

Sounds like a great app. I'll check out the free version once the new version is released.

looks cool, i will try it out!

I've had to resubmit the free version (and another update to the full version) due to a bug that one user found. So, the new Lite version will probably be delayed for a few more days. I'll post again once it's out... I appreciate your interest in it. :)

shunqinature

macrumors newbie
Nov 17, 2010
one suggestion

First of all, I want to say that this is a great app! I have been using Simplenotes and this app drew my attention immediately as I saw it. And it took only one day for me to switch from Simplenotes to Paperless.

Here I have a suggestion. On the main screen, you have been giving quick previews for the lists (similar to that in Gmail). It would be really nice if you can also give the total number of items in that list in the quick preview. In this way I feel more organized since I know how many items are there in each list. Maybe some people don't like showing the total number of items in a list, but at least we can make this an option for users.

For the current version, I can see the total number of items in a list only if I enable number badge for that list. But for other lists without the number badge function, I have to force myself to make short item titles so that I can get a rough idea about how many items.

For me, Paperless beats Simplenotes in all aspects except this one I am suggesting. Again, great job so far and keep going:D I will be totally supportive:)

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
First of all, I want to say that this is a great app! I have been using Simplenotes and this app drew my attention immediately as I saw it. And it took only one day for me to switch from Simplenotes to Paperless.

Here I have a suggestion. On the main screen, you have been giving quick previews for the lists (similar to that in Gmail). It would be really nice if you can also give the total number of items in that list in the quick preview. In this way I feel more organized since I know how many items are there in each list. Maybe some people don't like showing the total number of items in a list, but at least we can make this an option for users.

For the current version, I can see the total number of items in a list only if I enable number badge for that list. But for other lists without the number badge function, I have to force myself to make short item titles so that I can get a rough idea about how many items.

For me, Paperless beats Simplenotes in all aspects except this one I am suggesting. Again, great job so far and keep going:D I will be totally supportive:)

Thanks! :D I'm considering adding an option to display the number of items in each list in a future release.

looks like a handy app...ill check it out.

I hope you like it. :)

Someone sent me this in a nice email today about Paperless: "... this app is one of a kind. I've been more productive and ahead of my schedule ever since."

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
The new version of Paperless Lite is out now, and I've upped the limit on the number of list items to 30 - enough to store a couple of lists for free, and give people more of a chance to try Paperless out to see if they find it useful.

It also now includes a "Transfer Lists To Paperless" button on the Settings screen, to easily transfer information to the full version.

Paperless Lite is available for free through the App Store:

http://itunes.apple.com/us/app/paperless-lite-lists-checklists/id370096766?mt=8

Thanks for checking it out!

SFC Archer

macrumors 68000
Nov 9, 2007
Troy, MT
It'll be awesome if it just displayed a number badge. I always forget to check the app to see my to-dos.

It does...you just have to assign the badge to the folder that you want to register a badge. I put all my important stuff in my today folder and the badge shows me how many I have left to do for the day.

If I dont get er done, then it is there for me tomorrow. Works just as it was designed...no need to reassign dates and change stuff...totally love it!!!:)

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Paperless is on sale for a limited time! Use it to help get organized in the new year!

Apps make great "stocking stuffers", so don't forget you can "Gift This App" to someone. (In iTunes, click the down arrow next to the "Buy App" button for the "Gift This App" option). From there you'll be able to either send the gift code as an email, or print it out.

Thanks for your support, and happy holidays! :D

(If you've never heard of Paperless, try the free version!)

Attachments

• giftthisapp.jpg
    giftthisapp.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 75

oldschool

macrumors 65816
Sep 30, 2003
This app is fantastic.

I know from your previous posts that you said something about adding syncing but have you thought about somehow using simplenote to accomplish this?

Just wondering if that could be done.

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
This app is fantastic.

I know from your previous posts that you said something about adding syncing but have you thought about somehow using simplenote to accomplish this?

Just wondering if that could be done.

I'm glad you like the app. :)

Syncing is something I still want to do, but I don't think Simplenote would match up well for storing data from Paperless. It could be done, but since each item in Paperless can have a note associated with it - and with some lists needing to show checked off items - the text formatting would be a little complicated. I'd fear that users could accidentally mess up the text formatting in Simplenote, making it difficult to read back into Paperless.

It will take a while, but what I'd really like to do is make a separate Mac app (and possibly website) and sync data via a service like Dropbox.

In the meantime, I'm almost finished with an update that will include a passcode lock feature, completion dates for checked off items, and a completely revamped Add Item screen with a new button that let's you flip to a new page to quickly add another item (and makes better use of screen space):

Attachments

• passcode_lock.jpg
    passcode_lock.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 88
  • date_completed.jpg
    date_completed.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 92
  • add_item.jpg
    add_item.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 83

yentrog31

macrumors regular
Oct 10, 2009
RGGnDFW
Saw this thread and read thru most of it and I'm amazed at the how many responses you give.I've never seen a developer answer and then update their app based on the feedback.Congrats to you and I bought the app for just this reason.(Been using it for a few minutes and adding my lists and tasks for the weekend and I really like it.)

atari1356

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Feb 27, 2004
Saw this thread and read thru most of it and I'm amazed at the how many responses you give.I've never seen a developer answer and then update their app based on the feedback.Congrats to you and I bought the app for just this reason.(Been using it for a few minutes and adding my lists and tasks for the weekend and I really like it.)

Thanks, I really appreciate it. :)

BigRedOne

macrumors regular
Nov 29, 2007
I have used this Paperless for a while now and I really like it. I most enjoy the ability to look at my iPhone screen and see the red dot with number in it, letting me know I have things to do. Plus, I have always been able to e-mail to myself and that is what I do with the more important info. Great little app, looking forward to some of the improvements.

JustLeft

macrumors 6502
Sep 20, 2007
Just bought it for the same reason!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.