Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Akula971

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
Perfidious Albion
I have Parallels 4 running XP and Vista. I'm not interested in Windows 7. So does anyone know what advantages Parallel 5 has over 4 for Windows XP. I'm using Snow Leopard btw

gr8tfly

macrumors 603
Oct 29, 2006
~119W 34N
I have Parallels 4 running XP and Vista. I'm not interested in Windows 7. So does anyone know what advantages Parallel 5 has over 4 for Windows XP. I'm using Snow Leopard btw

I have XP SP3 as a VM/Bootcamp install using v4. I'll probably update to Parallels 5 tomorrow, so I can post back some data. What sorts of data would you be interested in?

Akula971

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 25, 2006
Perfidious Albion
Differences

Well I'd be interested to know if you think it is worth the money and why? Better? but how? Their website advertises all the stuff about being able to run Win 7, but not a lot about improvements for those NOT running Win 7. The last update I had for 4 was for better performance under Snow Leopard.
So is crystal mode worth it? Better Graphics performance? I might just wait for some benchmarks and reviews

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.