Passbook help???

Discussion in 'iOS 6' started by eroxx, Sep 19, 2012.

1. eroxx macrumors 6502a

I am trying to try out passbook and to no avail. I have target (which supposedly is passbook enabled) ... Is there a way I can see something in passbook without actually paying for something??? Thanks

2. Speedyparker87 macrumors member

I've had trouble figuring out how to add Target as well. There will be some bugs that need to be worked out these first few weeks I suppose.

Walgreens works. And I suppose Fandango, but I don't need to purchase any tickets tonight.

3. Legion103 macrumors regular

How do you add stuff to it?

Mine just says "app store"

I have fandango already

4. SugaredJuggler macrumors member

I haven't been able to try any passbook apps personally however I am pretty sure in the Fandango app you will purchase a movie ticket and then you can tell it to show up in the PassBook app.

5. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

Ok, I got a walgreens "card" to show up. I'm assuming with fandango, you first have to buy a ticket ?

----------

Also,

I happen to have a target gift card ... I put it in the app (the target app), hoping that would be in passbook. But alas.

6. Legion103 macrumors regular

7. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

You can set it up in the app. It's whatever their reward program is called. It's in the bottom right on the first screen.

8. fins831 macrumors 6502a

I can't get past the first screen, its passbook screen that says app store at bottom, I click it and says can't connect.

9. J.L.Photography macrumors 6502

Same

10. sailfrt macrumors newbie

Cannot connect to Itunes Store

Ive tried the solution the solution that has been suggested where you go to time settings and change the time and then try connecting again. This hasn't worked for me.

11. eroxx thread starter macrumors 6502a

I found a solution for this that worked for me ... It makes NO sense, but it worked

Go to settings/general/date and time

switch from "set automatically" to manual, and set the date a year from now. Go into passbook and launch apps. Then go back and set time to automatically.

Weird, I know.

12. Incognegro macrumors newbie

Bizarre, but that fixed my Passbook issue where it was saying "Cannot Connect to iTunes Store". Now it shows apps to open or download that are compatible with Passbook.

Thanks!