Passcode lost Need Help now.

Discussion in 'iPod touch Hacks' started by asskick3r, Feb 24, 2009.

1. asskick3r macrumors regular

asskick3r

I forgot my passcode.
    No I did not steal My iPod. I just forgot my Passcode.
    Is there another way to Change this WITHOUT Doing a DFU Mode restore?
    Or, How can I backup all of my data to my Computer.

2. kylevk macrumors newbie

Sorry, all you can do is restore. You probably use iTunes, so the data is pretty much "backed up". If you have music, videos, etc. you probably synced them from iTunes so you are OK.

3. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

I've been told that if you hook up to the computer you regularly sync with, there's an option to reset the pass code.

4. reubs macrumors 68000

Honestly, how do people "forget" their passcode? You've got ten tries to get it right, and how many 4 digit combos do most folks usually use?

5. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Exactly. In addition, the original synced iTunes allow the real owner to reset passcode.

6. TJRiver macrumors 6502

TJRiver

Need Help now

Nice. Didn't your Momma teach you say please & thank you?:rolleyes:

7. mrkgoo macrumors 65816

I very seldom believe these threads. Unless younuse your device so infrequently, I find it difficult to think the number is that hard to remember. I use my iPod touch probably once a month yet I remember the passcode.

8. bradenwh macrumors 6502

Cue the storm of posts flaming the OP for stealing an iPod.

Because, if I can remember my passcode, then everyone else should remember theirs, right? Of course. Makes perfect sense.

9. leetskeetkris macrumors newbie

Why dont you ask the person you stole your iPod from for the password ;)

10. asskick3r thread starter macrumors regular

asskick3r

Heh. :eek:
    Sorry about the 'NEED HELP NAO'
    But I was sorta' Desperate.
    Either way I just DFU Restored so whatever.

11. AlexAndBandit macrumors newbie

I do not see why people need to be such jerks about this. And not just this, but other threads I've seen, where someone asks for help, and they're desperate so they don't pay attention to their grammer or spelling, and someone trolling the forums goes and just explodes on the poor person. Maybe they're not too tech savvy, so they need help. No reason to go off on them... Ugh. Some of the people on these forums concern me with their maturity level.

EDIT: And it might not be going off, but if you're going to comment on something they said that they said that they didn't do, then whats the point?

12. frustrated dad macrumors newbie

could use some help

My daughter had an Ipod touch she got for christmas. Due to her behavior (punched her mother) she had to give it up. Now my wife and I would like to use it since we paid for it, but she refused to give up the passcode, basically told us to go to hell. I have the computer it was synced with and the usb cord. Is there a way to open this thing so we can use the ipod? I had hoped not to wipe her machine but she said she doesn't care what I do, so if it has to be, so be it. And No, I didn't steal the machine, I see that comment all over this forum. Help please?

13. gnasher729 macrumors P6

gnasher729

I'd say you are on the wrong forum and asking the wrong question. You have a bad situation at your hands, and you are asking us for help to make it worse. Ask yourself what the iPod is worth and what your relationship with your daughter is worth.

14. frustrated dad macrumors newbie

I know what you mean, and I wish it was simple. However, The situation is that we were sending our daughter on a class trip to Spain and France, and she got pissed about something and started hitting my wife, leaving bruises. As a punishment for her behavior she had to give up the ipod. Still got to go on the trip as it was paid for, but the ipod had to go, and we asked for the password. She told us to go to hell, she wouldn't give it up, no matter what. My wife told her she had lost it permanently due to her behavior and we really can't back down on that, we have to follow through. So, how do we make this thing work? I'm not throwing a $300 ipod in the trash. Any ideas?

15. antibact1 macrumors 6502

WOW. Get your daughter into therapy ASAP. WTF is wrong with people.

16. Night Spring macrumors G5

Night Spring

Don't think your daughter's behavior problems are going to be addressed by taking away her ipod, but if you are determined to take it away in order to "punish" her, then do throw it in the trash. If you take it away and use it yourself, she'll just tell herself you took the ipod because you wanted it, not because you were concerned for her. Personally, I would have scrapped the trip, too, even if it was paid for. Some things are worth more than money, and letting her go on the trip just because "it was paid for" sends a message that money is more important to you than correcting the problems your daghter is having.