Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Brittany246

macrumors 6502a
Apr 21, 2013
I'm disappointed that the new iPads didn't have touch ID, but it's definitely not a deal breaker since I only use a 4 digit pin anyway. I guess I just wanted to try it out. lol. I was planning on buying the next gen iPad way before I even knew about touch ID anyway. I could see why it's a deal breaker for people who need to enter long passwords every time they unlock their iPad though.

CausticPuppy

macrumors 68000
May 1, 2012
Not a dealbreaker for me, but I would have loved to have it.

I figure the iPad is less likely to be lost or stolen since I don't always have it with me (like my iPhone 5S). So I just use a passcode with a 4-hour delay.

RossMc

macrumors 65816
Apr 30, 2010
Newcastle, UK
Nope, I didn't upgrade to the 5s so I won't miss it on the iPad Air as i've never had it. Maybe if I had a 5s I would but then again I don't really use a passcode on the iPad mainly just on the iPhone.

freediverdude

macrumors 6502a
Dec 26, 2006
Yea not sure. If they had released a gold iPad mini with Touch ID, that would have been tough to resist, lol, but this version, eh, we'll see. I bet the Touch ID parts don't fit into a case that thin. They're probably working on slimming it down to fit iPad/iPod cases.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.