Pay full price for ATT iPhone 6 at Pre-Order

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by spoa94, Sep 9, 2014.

1. spoa94 macrumors 6502a

spoa94

I have never participated in a pre-order for the iPhone before and would like to know from people who have. Is it possible to pre-order the ATT iPhone 6 at full price? I am out of contract and therefore do not want the website to force me to pay $200 and sign a contract. I want to pay full price with no contract. HELP!

2. ronaldcastillo macrumors 6502a

There is no way you could purchase an AT&T full price iPhone 6 during preorder. If it's the same as the 5s release, the T-Mobile (contract free) arrived GSM unlocked and worked well with AT&T. However, the retail stores normally gives you the option of buying any carrier iPhone full price.

3. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

You should be able to choose the full-price option:

4. spoa94 thread starter macrumors 6502a

spoa94

what is that second quote from?

5. Blorzoga macrumors 68030

Blorzoga

Go to the "apple retail" page. Just google apple retail. It brings up a page that doesn't quote any carrier subsidies, just full prices.

6. rorschach macrumors 68020

rorschach

If you go to the 5s page on the store, select your model/carrier, then go to add it to your cart, there's a link on the next page (where you select new or upgrade) under FAQ that says "Is a new contract with AT&T required?"

7. brian1868 macrumors member

Thank you for your time!
    I have one question, could new customer use NEXT?

8. njn007 macrumors regular

njn007

Unfortunately, this is true. I contacted Apple through the store's online chat and was told that the only way of getting an iPhone 6/6+ at launch without starting a new two year agreement (aka run out your existing contract) is to go to an Apple store on launch day. :(

9. Lyons00 macrumors 6502a

I've talked on the phone with Apple and the told me if I have anytime left on my contract, I do it's one year. I can pay full price and they will be that option on the form from Apple. so many different answers. Don't understand it.

10. nostresshere macrumors 68030

If you want to pay full price and it is not available, just do NEXT. It is the exact same price and you can pay it off in a month or so.

Or, if you finally realize there is no hurry or financial reason to pay it off, you can stay on next. Your choice.