Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

alawrence101

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
I found some walkthroughs online, by the way, so I think I have everything I need. It looks like my poor little iBook will be in for quite the surgery! :D

I won't be operating until a couple months from now, when I get back from being abroad, but it looks like I'm all set for what I've got to do.

longwood

macrumors regular
May 10, 2005
about voiding the warranty. as long as you have a certified techican do the replacing then i don't think it voids the warranty.

data1ore

macrumors newbie
Apr 22, 2004
Pittsburgh, PA
Be absolutely careful when you do try to replace your ibook hdd. My friend didn't and ended up breaking the power-on-button molex connector on the logic board of his ibook. I had to do some surgical soldering to revive his laptop.

Read about the harrowing experience and photos here.

:cool:

alawrence101

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2005
data1ore said:
Be absolutely careful when you do try to replace your ibook hdd. My friend didn't and ended up breaking the power-on-button molex connector on the logic board of his ibook. I had to do some surgical soldering to revive his laptop.

Read about the harrowing experience and photos here.

:cool:

Thanks for the heads up. I was always good at the board game Operation. Hopefully I still have the skills. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.