Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lrsone

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 12, 2012
New York, NY
Did you reboot the phone AFTER deleting the profile and BEFORE doing the GM update via iTunes?
No all I did was install the PB3 and once it installed and the phone booted up again I deleted the profile. Didn't hard reset, connected my iPhone to my MacBook and shift key update. The notification is gone and my iPhone says up to date now.

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
I'm on the GM and it's showing version 13A341 on my 5s. Is that still the GM?
For the 5s. Yes.

For everyone else - you need to delete the Profile and then reboot your device before installing the GM via iTunes. If not you will be stuck with a badge saying you have an update. It when you go to software update it says you are up to date. I deleted and rebooted before mine, no issues. I deleted but did not reboot for my girlfriend and she is stuck with the badge.

edulinka

macrumors regular
Oct 22, 2012
Upstate NY
For the 5s. Yes.

For everyone else - you need to delete the Profile and then reboot your device before installing the GM via iTunes. If not you will be stuck with a badge saying you have an update. It when you go to software update it says you are up to date. I deleted and rebooted before mine, no issues. I deleted but did not reboot for my girlfriend and she is stuck with the badge.
Do you have 6+ and build installed iPhone7,1_9.0_13A340_Restore ?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
Do you have 6+ and build installed iPhone7,1_9.0_13A340_Restore ?
No I have a 6 and it's 13A340. Im unsure what the build for the 6+ is, but I know for a fact that the 5s is different than the 6; my girlfriend has a 5s and its build 13A341 as posted above by the other member.

junomat

macrumors newbie
Sep 9, 2015
If you upgrade to the iOS9 GM via the torrent'ed .ipsw will all your content be preserved or will you have to restore from a backup? IE. Will the phone be completely erased and you'll have to restore to the backup? Or will it just update to the new GM?

Mlrollin91

macrumors G5
Nov 20, 2008
If you upgrade to the iOS9 GM via the torrent'ed .ipsw will all your content be preserved or will you have to restore from a backup? IE. Will the phone be completely erased and you'll have to restore to the backup? Or will it just update to the new GM?
Option + Check for update. Select the ipsw. Update.

iPhoneguy86

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2015
East Coast USA
So what is the likelihood of getting an iOS 9 GM Build for public beta testers today or tomorrow? Otherwise I'm doing the GM Dev copy. My phone keeps sending me that iOS Update Alert for iOS 9 that everyone is getting and I don't want to be compromised with data loss if the Public Beta I have expires. I know they're releasing public copy next week and would hope this beta is not going to expire before then but I don't want to lose my data.

dearfriendx

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2011
San Diego, CA
I've read this happening to many people. I guess since it's the first ever public beta for iOS it's something to keep in mind for the future. Always delete the public profile if you'll be updating to a developer GM.

Yongkykun

macrumors member
Jul 21, 2015
Do you guys reckon that those who are running PB will get to update to the final 9.0 build without having to restore? I read somewhere that you need to restore if you were to update to the final build from the dev beta.

ohsnap

macrumors regular
Aug 5, 2004
Well, 9.1b1 is up. Erase & reset from settings, reboot, re-install profile, update to 9.1b1, restore from last backup. Solves everything.

iPhoneguy86

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2015
East Coast USA
So maybe just a coincidence but I have an iPhone 6 128 GB space grey on AT&T and I know they were deploying VoLTE regionally but suddenly after the PB 9.1 update today I was making a call earlier and my iPhone stayed on LTE as opposed to switching to 4G HSPA+ like it normally does. Anyone else?

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    341.2 KB · Views: 156

sbailey4

macrumors 601
Dec 5, 2011
USA
Do you guys reckon that those who are running PB will get to update to the final 9.0 build without having to restore? I read somewhere that you need to restore if you were to update to the final build from the dev beta.
If you are on public beta it will offer an upgrade next Wed. No need to restore. Should be ok.

So what is the likelihood of getting an iOS 9 GM Build for public beta testers today or tomorrow? Otherwise I'm doing the GM Dev copy. My phone keeps sending me that iOS Update Alert for iOS 9 that everyone is getting and I don't want to be compromised with data loss if the Public Beta I have expires. I know they're releasing public copy next week and would hope this beta is not going to expire before then but I don't want to lose my data.
GM will not be delivered to public beta users as its not an OTA update. The public beta will not expire before the release comes out next week. No way Apple would expire all the public beta users before official release. Get a backup though to ensure your data is safe.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.