Pc's are better than macs ...unless you show me otherwise :)

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Treymac, Oct 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Treymac macrumors newbie

Hey guys. Thought I would get your attention with that title.

Anyways, after getting my first mac computer as my Powerbook that I got a couple of days ago, and playing around with OS X, I'm finding that I still prefer using my PC. OS X is just over simplified, any settings on it are just very basic and I can't do anything in depth. (I'm not talking about Vista).

So, how do I get power controls over the OS?

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Such as? What things do you want to do?

3. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

It's called /Utilities and using the command line. :rolleyes:

4. DaveTurnbull macrumors member

5. CanadaRAM macrumors G5

CanadaRAM

Is like complaining a car with electronic fuel injection is worse than a car with a carbouretor, because there's no place to adjust the float and the jets.

6. XheartcoreboyX macrumors 6502a

XheartcoreboyX

you shall tell steve jobs that .. :D

7. Veritas&Equitas macrumors 68000

Veritas&Equitas

What kind of power controls do you mean/want?

8. KJmoon117 macrumors 6502a

Yep.. The correct phrase you're trying to say is.

"Macs are F**king better than Windoze!"

Which I have to agree, as for your question, use the Terminal.

9. Treymac thread starter macrumors newbie

One thing that I'm looking for is the refresh rate. Also networking stuff like setting the DNS, Subnet mask, IP address, whether to obtain an IP through DHCP, etc. I'm running 10.2, how do I find utilities? I can see system preferences. Also, I change PC to IBM PC.

10. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

Displays and Network Preference Panes?

11. gr8tfly macrumors 603

gr8tfly

They're all in System Preferences: Network and Displays.

12. Treymac thread starter macrumors newbie

ok, it's all there, I must have missed the networking icon. So I guess this is like the control panel in windows then? I guess it's the same, it just works differently. I'll just give some time to using it and learn how it all works. I'm going to pick up a book on it. The thing I want to learn the most is the directory structure. Thanks guys. :)

13. Soulstorm macrumors 68000

Soulstorm

So let me get this straight:

You wasted your time in telling us something that was proved wrong after some minutes of searching? You could as well search the system preferences better, you wasted your time.

14. Treymac thread starter macrumors newbie

Come on Soulstorm, I was half joking. I'm still a Windows guy because I have been using it for so long, but I like the Mac. But I find that I can do a lot more on Windows, probably because I've still barely used OS X. So for now, I find that I can do more on Windows and have more control with it, but that's because I know it so much better. Until I know OS X as much as I do Windows, Windows will have more control for me to do things.

And by the way Soulstorm, I wasted 30 seconds posting, so I couldn't care less about how much of my time I wasted. And if this thread is going to turn into a flamer, can a mod please close it.

15. BilltheCat macrumors regular

BilltheCat

By that logic you could say that you are better to walk to work and not drive because you have been walking longer.

Cavemen used to walk. when the wagon and horse cart and then car was invented man could go farther easier. OSX lets you go farther easier.

No brainer to me. And I have a bachelors degree in engineering and cut my teeth on ms-dos and windoze as what I thought was the best way to do things.

I continued to learn and found OSX. Never stop learning. The most complicated and tedious way to do things is not always the best way!

16. yudilks macrumors regular

You wasted 30 seconds, but all of us combined will be much greater than that.... Sometimes people don't think it in a greater way.. Like you late 5 minutes for a meeting with 1000 people... You feel that it's OK since it's only 5 minutes... But it's not... You just wasted 5000 minutes worth of other people's precious time combined...

Next time, think more before posting useless thread...

17. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Request granted. Your thread title guaranteed it. And also remember that OS 10.2 is now over 5 years old...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.