PDF Form Fill App

Discussion in 'iPad Apps' started by HD Fboy, Apr 25, 2010.

1. HD Fboy macrumors member

Is there an app that will allow you to fill a PDF form and sign your name with your finger? If not, would one of you developers PLEASE create this!!

2. HD Fboy thread starter macrumors member

3. Reser macrumors 6502

Er.. isn't the 'whole' point of PDF is that it is a non editable standard, to protect your work from edits so you can send it out as a read only document?

You are supposed to 'print' out the form and then fill it in.

And honestly what a waste of time an App that could do this would be. How many times do you have to fill in PDF forms? and why on earth would you choose to do it with your finger over printing it and doing it with a pen?

4. jeznav macrumors 6502

5. Reser macrumors 6502

Er if you are filling in a PDF form chances are you are going to be posting it. Otherwise they would not give you it as a PDF usually.

Also if you don't print it and they allow you to send digitally, there is probably 100% chance they are just going to end up printing it.

6. jons macrumors 6502

Umm...have you never used a fillable PDF before? There are a whole host of reasons people might want to use this functionality.

7. handheldgames macrumors 6502a

handheldgames

Absolutely Agree.

8. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

i use and create fillable pdfs all the time. and i email them. of course.

in fact you can create a digital signature with acrobat, though admittedly this is still not used very much, yet.

9. HD Fboy thread starter macrumors member

I get 100% of my contracts in PDF form. As opposed to using Adobe and my MBP to fill in our info it would be nice to have this functionality in the iPad. the iPad version will need to flatten the image once the user has completed his edit. Some of these are editable but most are just plain PDF's. Smaller contracts come signed by the buyer already.

The uses here are huge. most every application now begins life as a PDF. Think of the uses as a sales tool.

Will Pages for the iPad save a document as a PDF?

10. HD Fboy thread starter macrumors member

Pages will Output a PDF.

If they would make it whee it would open a PDF this would allow me to fill out the PDF and then output the pdf.

Come on developers, help me out here.

11. skafia macrumors 6502

skafia

I'm actually working on an App that does exactly this.

12. dionnfr macrumors member

This would be great, I have to fill out forms daily. My company is a virtual company and we use fillable forms all the time.

13. bluedog3401 macrumors regular

Sundry Notes can place a PDF. Then add note items like text fields on top or drawing lines. The 'print it out' part seems to be the problem. This app might do the minimum you need till an app is dedicated as you need.

Do a search at the app store for it. It's also free!

After testing the export/email the file ends up being a lower resolution image. That may not work for the original poster's use and the files are posted via a third party - also something a legal document may not want to be stored.

There may bother similar apps to this though preserving the content of the PDF and integrating into you email better as attachments. Some PDFs have security features and an app should honor those to be useful.

14. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

useful to know that it exists, however in the case of pdf forms they are fields that receive limited and directed input.

15. Dar-soft, Dec 15, 2011
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2012

Dar-soft macrumors member

Dar-soft

Dar-Soft has recently released a product called PDF Forms that allows you to fill, sign and annotate PDF forms.
    PDF Forms works with any PDF file received by email or via iTunes File Sharing, loaded from Dropbox folders and opened from any application which generates PDF files (such as PDF PROvider) using ‘Open in’ command. The same variety of options is available for documents sharing.
    You can read more about PDF Forms here.

[​IMG]