Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Techchic

macrumors newbie
Apr 16, 2015
Each bank has its own time limit for pending charges

If they aren't replaced by 'real' charges within that timeframe they just drop off.

Apple seems to be hit or miss on whether they 'test' your payment source with a pending charge (usually $1). I ordered two apple watches, one of which is in the first wave and one in the second. I have not received any pending charges relative to either one.

Incidentally, I also never received a confirmation email for either my preorders, which were both placed on 4/10, one just a few minutes after 3:00 a.m. PST and one several hours later. However they both show as processing so I am not concerned.

leesweet

macrumors demi-god
Feb 1, 2009
Northern Virginia, USA
Lol... this is a new case where it's two weeks from preorder to arrival... I used Apple Pay, and had the two charges (one for the AW and AC+ and one for the added Black Sport Band) both pending on my AmEx for several days. I don't know when they fell off, but right now I don't have pending, nothing from Apple.

I expect full re-charges whenever they actually start doing something. Tuesday?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
Maybe because the forum is filling up with repeat threads?! It's getting ridiculous.

I've been on here daily for the past couple of weeks and I haven't seen one for this particular question. Hence why I created the thread. But if you think it's a duplicate just ignore it and let it get lost. Easy peasy.

Evildude683

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2012
Republic of Texas
I've been on here daily for the past couple of weeks and I haven't seen one for this particular question. Hence why I created the thread. But if you think it's a duplicate just ignore it and let it get lost. Easy peasy.
I personally don't mid this thread. I do hate the ones created by new users stating they got shipping confirmation from UPS and all they got to show is a manipulated screenshot.

Back to topic.
My pending charges still there. I'm checking my CC's app for updates. Once I get charged I'll be refreshing the Apple Store site like crazy!:D

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I personally don't mid this thread. I do hate the ones created by new users stating they got shipping confirmation from UPS and all they got to show is a manipulated screenshot.

Back to topic.
My pending charges still there. I'm checking my CC's app for updates. Once I get charged I'll be refreshing the Apple Store site like crazy!:D

If you don't mind me asking, what CC did you use and when is your delivery date?

BradWould

macrumors 6502
Apr 11, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
Mine is gone too. 1$ pending charge since preorder gone now. I use Apple Financial Services.

----------

Up here in Canada(with TD notably) we don't get the liberty of seeing pre auths without calling the bank.no push notifications or anything in the apps. And every transaction posts after 2-3 days.

For those wondering about charge issues, yes, they email and ask you to call. You have 15 days to sort it out. This could change though with watch / pre orders.

Apple Financial Services in Canada uses TD. All of my pending charges are accessible online. I check every 20 minutes or so. :)

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
How many more of these posts are we going to see? If this thread is of no interest to you just ignore it. I just don't understand how this is your problem.

It's hard to ignore when every other thread on the forum is about the same damn thing. If people used the search bar this wouldn't happen. Do you understand that?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
It's hard to ignore when every other thread on the forum is about the same damn thing. If people used the search bar this wouldn't happen. Do you understand that?

I beg your pardon. There may be multiple threads on other topics but I haven't seen one dealing with this. But thanks for stopping by!!

I thought these forums were for people to share their questions and experience. Did you fuss in every thread that shared their watch appointment experience?

Last edited:

scwinsett

Suspended
Apr 21, 2010
Denver

Maybe you should use the damn search bar to find whatever it is you're looking for. You're sharing a site with tons of people. There's bound to be repeat posts. Expecting others to conform to your idea of organization and efficiency makes you the jerk

Sorry I'm just tired of the bickering over threads. Just shut up. If you have something to contribute great, otherwise quit whining.

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
I beg your pardon. There may be multiple threads on other topics but I haven't seen one dealing with this. But thanks for stopping by!!

I thought these forums were for people to share their questions and experience. Did you fuss in every thread that shared their watch appointment experience?

obviously you haven't used the search bar either, tons of people talking about pending charges being removed in various threads.

----------

Maybe you should use the damn search bar to find whatever it is you're looking for. You're sharing a site with tons of people. There's bound to be repeat posts. Expecting others to conform to your idea of organization and efficiency makes you the jerk

Sorry I'm just tired of the bickering over threads. Just shut up. If you have something to contribute great, otherwise quit whining.

Oorrrr just use the search bar so we don't have 10 threads about the same thing.

Evildude683

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2012
Republic of Texas
Just wondering why Discover card still has a Pending charge but my Amex doesn't. Interesting.
I can tell you that I had 2 $1 charges pending. One form the 9th and one from the 10th. This morning I woke up to find the one of the 9th is gone. Nothing else has changed on my Apple Store status.

kycophpd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 7, 2009
Louisville, Kentucky
The only pending charge I had was the day of the orders. It was the $49 for AppleCare. It went off last Wednesday. Today it showed back up (Sunday) for same amount. PNC bank.

bnekic

macrumors 65816
Sep 19, 2013
Cleveland, OH
Pending charges are GONE!

I'm not searching for anything in particular just sick of seeing 20 threads of "38mm or 42mm omg help me decide". Go to the freakin Apple Store and pick which one your like, why do you need some strangers on a forum to decide which watch you should buy!?

VSMacOne

macrumors 603
Original poster
Oct 18, 2008
I'm not searching for anything in particular just sick of seeing 20 threads of "38mm or 42mm omg help me decide". Go to the freakin Apple Store and pick which one your like, why do you need some strangers on a forum to decide which watch you should buy!?

Well this isn't one of those so take your high horse somewhere else. Honestly just let the folks who have any interest in this topic post or just let the thread die. Save yourself some time!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.