people are already upset and returning the pre ..

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by fratboy, Jun 6, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JDee macrumors 6502a

It's only been out for nearly a day - we've just got to wait and see how well it gets on.

2. newyorksole macrumors 68020

Damn I hope the Pre does really well so Apple can up the anty and make the iPhone even more amazing.

3. sinsin07 macrumors 68030

Bug list for Pre

http://discussion.treocentral.com/palm-pre/182595-buglist-pre.html

1. Light leakage at the bottom of the screen.
    2. Dead pixels.
    3. When entering data into a form field on a web page, they symbol key doesn't work (clicking on a symbol does nothing)
    4. The cut-and-paste Edit menu items don't work. (However, the cut-and-paste shortcuts do work.)

4. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

You'd be hard pressed to find any electronics product, particularly one with an OS, that at least some fraction of the buyers will not insist on returning.

It doesn't mean anything, and the Pre is defended in the first link you supplied (two were malformed, and I edited them out). Much of what's being complained about could be fixed in a software update. We'll just have to wait and see if it is.

Frankly, I wish the Pre well. We'll be better off if Apple has some competition.

5. dccorona macrumors 68020

dccorona

hopefully they take some cues from the visual style
    iPhones interface is great, but I think its time for a visual refresh. Nothing major, just shiny it up a little more

and that notifications system WebOS has
    Its so awesome!
    I want it badly

6. rgarjr macrumors 603

rgarjr

It is just amazing how phone manufacturers that have been in the business of making cell phones just cannot compete with the iphone that is the new guy in the market.

7. Slayerboym88 macrumors regular

This much I can agree with. The "newness" of it all has worn off and while I still love my iPhone, I wouldn't mind just a few small things to invigorate the style. That said, I am hoping that Apple will at least feel threatened by the Pre so that, as aforementioned, they are prompted to step up their level of development and turn out something even more amazing!

8. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

9. fratboy thread starter macrumors regular

light leakage ..OK

dead pixle ..NO ... i have none and dont remeber the last time i seen a thread on here about a dead pixle...... doyou?

10. Motionblurrr macrumors 6502

I've heard a lot of people are returning them because the build quality feels.....well, cheap. I guess people were expecting a glass screen and a high polished polymer plastic like the iPhone 3G, PSP, etc. Like they want that "weight" an expensive phone usually has.

The phone has a lot of potential though, maybe they can overlook the hardware and focus on the software :)

11. Primejimbo macrumors 68040

And I thought some Mac/iPhone people were stuck up... WOW I read some of the posts and I was shocked.

12. rdowns macrumors Penryn

rdowns

I'd suggest staying away from here after the iPhone announcement. :D

13. rednano74 macrumors member

It is amazing how the Apple cult always act like the iPhone was launched flawlessly. If I remember correctly, a lot of people have returned their 3G for battery issues, dead pixels, dust under the screen, white screen, etc. I have read about people on the boards who are on their 6th or 7th iPhone because of many issues. I even have a dead pixel and speck of dust under my screen. :eek:

Even after all the software updates, the iPhone is still far from being flawless after 3 years of development.

14. fratboy thread starter macrumors regular

well wait till the new hardware and software is out before compairing it to the 3g

15. Pooshka macrumors 65816

16. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

ive seen many a thread on dead pixels....

17. hefeglass macrumors 6502a

well then you're not really comparing to a 3g anymore...

18. aethelbert macrumors 601

Yes, because zero people returned their iPhones on launch day and all of them were satisfied to a degree where they didn't have to come to a forum to complain. Seems that my memory had faded from true reality. /sarcasm

19. bigchief macrumors 6502a

Not to mention the cracked cases.

20. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

Just amusing to read through that forum...

It's like here but even more desperate...like they know Palm is a dying company.

21. DeathChill macrumors 68000

Honestly, does it really matter at this moment? They put out a quality product and that's what counts.

22. JForestZ34 macrumors 6502a

Even with the new hardware and software, apple will still have problems with units... It's a fact that this will happen... I'm sure on the new phone people will still have battery issues, dust under the screen, and what not..

No company is perfect but everyone thinks apple can do no wrong and they don't make mistakes.... Sorry to say but the Iphone is just another overpriced electronic device...

James

23. fratboy thread starter macrumors regular

if you think that then DONT COME HERE.. this is a forum SPECIFICALLY for apple/iphone fanboys.

24. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

That is not correct.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.