Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
I don't know why this is bothering me but a lot of people are thinking that the SE is supposed to be an upgrade to the 6s. I know some people like the SE better than the 6s because it is smaller and better for them, but some people at school today legitimately thought that the 6s is now inferior to the SE and you should get it if you want the latest model instead of the 6s. Again, I know the SE may be better to some people, but some people think it is the upgraded model from the 6s

Reactions: Jetcat3

poematik13

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2014
It's more a sidegrade to a 6s. It has a worse front camera, older touchID and worse screen (quality, resolution, etc), but it has a better price and form factor IMO and it works with like 3 generations of accessories, many of which are super cheap now. Otherall, it's kinda a wash.

If you're like me coming from a 6 or 6+, it can definitely be viewed as an upgrade.

cableguy84

macrumors 68000
Sep 7, 2015
The SE doesn't have the taptic engine, havent seen this one mentioned yet, along with all the other missing features i dont see how it can be considered "better"

Reactions: ABC5S

Closingracer

macrumors 601
Jul 13, 2010
I don't know why this is bothering me but a lot of people are thinking that the SE is supposed to be an upgrade to the 6s. I know some people like the SE better than the 6s because it is smaller and better for them, but some people at school today legitimately thought that the 6s is now inferior to the SE and you should get it if you want the latest model instead of the 6s. Again, I know the SE may be better to some people, but some people think it is the upgraded model from the 6s

It is performance wise in theory. Didn't watch the keynote nor care for the SE but if it has the same screen as the 5S then the cpu is pushing less pixels on the screen and thus you'll have more power to run the OS in theory

phillyred79

macrumors regular
Mar 12, 2010
I feel as though some 6s adopters are upset their phone isn't the latest (not necessarily the greatest) from Apple. You know, not front page news anymore. Relax, the 7 is right around the corner!

rulymammoth

macrumors 6502
Jun 8, 2015

Sorry but screen quality on the SE is noticeably inferior. I've got it side by side with a 6s Plus and its screen is more washed out and has a weird yellow tint on one side. Contrast is easily better on the bigger phone.

Mr. Buzzcut

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2011
Ohio

Something to learn while still young. Someone will always have something better than you. Someone will always think what they have is better than what you have, even if it is not (may be just matter of preference). It is your job to simply let it go and not let it affect your satisfaction.

JM

macrumors 601
Nov 23, 2014
Sorry but screen quality on the SE is noticeably inferior. I've got it side by side with a 6s Plus and its screen is more washed out and has a weird yellow tint on one side. Contrast is easily better on the bigger phone.
FFS. S*** screens still? Of course it's $400.

oldmacs

macrumors 601
Sep 14, 2010
Australia
The SE doesn't have the taptic engine, havent seen this one mentioned yet, along with all the other missing features i dont see how it can be considered "better"

Because better is subjective, and the SE is better for some people. For some people the 6S is better.

Its better for me as it has a cheaper price, better battery life and a 4 inch screen which is more important than a small number of features I would never use.

joe-h2o

macrumors 6502a
Jun 24, 2012
FFS. S*** screens still? Of course it's $400.

FWIW, my SE's screen is perfectly fine.

Take the "Macs/iPhones have a yellow screen problem" with a grain of salt given that most people on these forums that seem to experience the "issue" end up returning multiple devices before they find a screen they declare they're happy with - in other words, they're extremely particular about getting a specific one that they deem to be perfect.

My SE's screen is fantastic, as was the 5S screen before it.

I have to wonder if the "omg yellow screen" thing has cropped up this evening only because Night Shift mode suddenly activated on everyone's brand new SEs. ;)

Aditya_S

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 25, 2016
Who are these 'some people'?

I am yet to see any posts by them or speak to them in the street.
People at school were talking about the "new iPhone" like it was way better phone than the 6s. I'm not sure why but it really bothers me when people have the wrong information.
[doublepost=1459470483][/doublepost]
The SE is better coz it's smaller. :p
I know it's better to some people but others at school were saying things like it was way better than the 6s. This was coming from a girl with a 6s Plus

Mr. Buzzcut

macrumors 65816
Jul 25, 2011
Ohio
This is a rather humorous product cycle from Apple. We have people so conflicted. They are selling their iPhone 6S or iPad Pro 12.9 to have the latest and "greatest." It makes it painfully obvious who is buying for their need/want or for show.

Reactions: MinDev and arkitect

bhayes444

macrumors 6502a
Jul 13, 2013
FWIW, my SE's screen is perfectly fine.

Take the "Macs/iPhones have a yellow screen problem" with a grain of salt given that most people on these forums that seem to experience the "issue" end up returning multiple devices before they find a screen they declare they're happy with - in other words, they're extremely particular about getting a specific one that they deem to be perfect.

My SE's screen is fantastic, as was the 5S screen before it.

I have to wonder if the "omg yellow screen" thing has cropped up this evening only because Night Shift mode suddenly activated on everyone's brand new SEs. ;)
I feel like what you're saying is more true than not, as a lot of people look for just the slightest tint of yellow and exclaim it to the world. However, an iPhone with a yellow screen definitely happens more often than not. Before I returned my iPhone 6 (performance was not good enough for me) I had messed with it side by side another 6 in the T-Mobile store and noticed my screen was quite a bit more yellow than that model. It wasn't terrible, but noticeable. My wife has the 5s and that thing is noticeably yellow without any comparison needed. She doesn't really care of course so I leave it be, but gracious that thing is bad!

bkends35

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2013
USA
People at school were talking about the "new iPhone" like it was way better phone than the 6s. I'm not sure why but it really bothers me when people have the wrong information.
[doublepost=1459470483][/doublepost]
I know it's better to some people but others at school were saying things like it was way better than the 6s. This was coming from a girl with a 6s Plus
Stop worrying about what people think is better and just use what you've got.

RC Mike

macrumors member
Aug 6, 2015
This was coming from a girl with a 6s Plus

The sooner you learn to just agree with the girls who have big phones, the sooner you'll start to enjoy the girls with the big phones.

In all seriousness, smaller and the same speed is better for some people. It's all about what your needs are, not at all about what other people's opinions may be. That also means that to other people, your opinion shouldn't mean much, either.

Andres Cantu

macrumors 68040
May 31, 2015
Texas
Honestly, I'm not surprised. These same people will probably be upset for no reason when the iPhone 7 is released later in the year :D

Reactions: arkitect
Status
Not open for further replies.
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.