People who aren't experiencing iPhone 4 problems

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SnowLeopard2008, Jul 13, 2010.

1. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I just want to say that some people have iPhone 4s and aren't experiencing problems. I got mine last Saturday and so far, I don't have the green dot when using FaceTime, the reception issues (death grip), yellow spots/lines, or the proximity sensor problems. None of my friends have any of those aforementioned problems either. Anyone else enjoying their problem-free iPhone 4(s)?

2. spblat macrumors 6502a

spblat

+1

Proximity issue comes and goes for me, hopeful 4.0.1 will fix. Death grip is a curiosity, nothing more.

3. maddux2005 macrumors 6502

Works perfectly here! Not 1 complaint!
    Bravo apple! 

4. orangerock macrumors regular

My wife has an iPhone 4 orderd through work. She was asking me about the reception issues as she said she heard about them today. I tried to recreate the "problem" via the death grip, but could not. Held tightly for 2-3 minutes and had zero reception loss. I've never had any problems, but then again, I know how to properly hold a cell phone :) This whole deal is overreaction to the extreme.

5. teeshot macrumors newbie

No problem here. In fact, I can use a cellphone for the first time inside my house without dropping calls. Previously had a 3gs then a blackberry 9100. The 4 shows 3G, 0-2 bars, and with no dropped calls, texts data all work. I'm very happy.

6. MikieMcBikie macrumors regular

mine works fine. i CAN make the signal drop if i place my finger firmly over the lower left "line", but even that takes a couple of minutes to start dropping the bars. i haven't had the proximity sensor issue.

7. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

+1 Same happened to me. I agree with this.

8. boy-better-know macrumors 65816

boy-better-know

yep no probs, very happy customer.

have put the fone on mute with my cheek bone a few times, but i just have to hold the phone closer to my face and its all good.

9. LordOBoogie macrumors 6502a

LordOBoogie

10. Matthew Yohe macrumors 68020

Curious if you have tried this in an area that has subpar cell coverage.

11. SnowLeopard2008 thread starter macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

I went to SF the other day to pick up my Dad who just flew in. Big/international cities like SF, LA, NYC, etc. supposedly have horrible reception due to number of people who use cellular data, high-rise buildings, compact environment, etc. Whenever I stopped due to a red light or slow traffic, I gripped my naked iPhone 4 tightly around the bottom left corner for as long as I could. I only got it to drop 1 bar in 2 areas. My friend's iPhone 3GS had 1-3 bars in those same areas.

12. GolfBravo macrumors newbie

+1

My wife's iPhone 4 on Orange network works perfect - very good signal all the time.

Mine on O2 network, on the other hand, loses network coverage quite frequently, even when standing next to a O2 transmitting tower. The death grip kills the signal quite easily, no matter whether it shows 5 bars.

13. ipoddin macrumors 6502a

ipoddin

Mine is fine since day 1. And everyone I know who has one isn't experiencing any issues either.

14. shakenmartini macrumors 6502

2 iPhones in my family and no problems at all. Get reception in our condo elevator where we have never gotten service before. Can hold a call all the way up the elevator. It used to drop half way up the elevator ride.

No case for me and I'm a lefty, wife has a blue bumper. No difference in the ability to hold a call between the phones (bought launch day)

[edit] I have a black bumper, but I don't use it because I don't like cases that much. No difference with or without on my phone

I can also get a data signal and text messages in our conference facility where I had No service. Welcome change since Wifi is turned off for security reasons. The iPhone 2G and 3G(s) that people still have and seated next to me have No Service.

Wifi on both is spectacular. At least tripled the distance I can use my WiFi at home and work. In fact, I can still use my wifi at home when I am across the street at the park. I have to point the phone in the direction of our condo, but my iPad next to it cannot even see the hotspot.

Out of ~30 iPhone 4s where I work, only one has been returned outright for signal problems and the person just went back to their 3Gs. This person didn't try an exchange, but tends to be a paranoid person.

Another had signal problems, was exchanged and works perfectly. The genius thought it was a SIM card seating problem and seems to be right

~28 others have absolutely no problems in all sort of signal areas. 2/3 have some sort of a case, mostly bumpers and silicone type skins. ~1/3 don't have a case, myself included.

Overall, I am MUCH happier with the iPhone 4 quality than I ever was with the quality of my and my wife's 3G iPhones.

15. -aggie- macrumors P6

-aggie-

Been there, done that.

16. kmpoboy2 macrumors 6502

kmpoboy2

32 GB Iphone 4. Revieve it last saturday. No problems here.

17. shakenmartini macrumors 6502

Try reseting your network setting on the iPhone.

If this doesn't work, take it back to apple. I work with a guy who had the exact same symptom. Reseting network settings was their first suggestions and when that didn't work, the Genius said it was due to a SIM card seating problem. Swapped his phone and now perfect.

18. pheenix11 macrumors regular

Got mine last week, haven't had 1 problem. I love it, it is so much faster than my old 3G.

19. iLisa777 macrumors member

This has been my experience as well.

20. PorterRocks macrumors 6502

PorterRocks

Again here for me. No issues at all for me or the 6 of my buddies that have one.

21. cheekyjeremy macrumors regular

Maybe Apple should put this “faulty” antenna into all their iphones. I don’t think I have dropped a call on the new iphone yet. I am in a different city most days of the week, and even in Los Angeles (two days ago) and NYC last week, I didn’t have one dropped call. It used to be that you couldn’t get in a cab from Soho to the park without dropping every 15 seconds, now I have no problems. All hail the faulty antenna.

Seriously though, I would be interested to poll the folks on this site, and see how many of them want to return their phones over this.

22. N23 macrumors regular

Had a problem with my phone not reading the sim after day one.
    Had it replaced and has been great ever since as far as proximity and antenna issues.

23. camarobh macrumors 6502

2 iPhone 4's since the day before launch. No dropped calls, no proximity sensor issues, no screen issues, no plans to return. Ever.

24. shakenmartini macrumors 6502

Anyone no probs in SF?

SF has about the worst ATT network compared to NYC.

If you can hold a call in NYC and SF with the IP4, then it is perfect!