People Who Ordered From Amazon...

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Cuz03, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Cuz03 macrumors member

How long do you think it will take them before they ship it? I ordered it with two-day shipping and i think they'll ship the 8th or 9th. My estimated delivery date is the 22nd-29th (shipping estimate is 20th-27th) which i find hard to beleive cuz i think everyone got practically the same estimate. I believe it'll come by the end of this week or during the weekend. At latest tuesday of next week. But that for me cuz i ordered tonight :(. Hope to get it soon. So when do you guys think it'll be shipped/come to you? I am so excited for it :D this is gonna be one of the highlights of this month for me cuz so far really nothing good happened to me :(

2. tech324 macrumors 6502

I ordered my ipod touch from Amazon also and all I see is this: I really hope they ship it earlier than this though.

Shipment #1: Not Yet Shipped
    Shipping estimate: September 14, 2010 - September 21, 2010
    Delivery estimate: September 15, 2010 - September 22, 2010

3. 7even macrumors 6502a

Same, except with 2-day shipping the delivery estimate is 16th - 23rd.

4. dhlee528 macrumors member

I ordered from best buy and they said between 16~21

I guess all others except apple gets sometimes next week or so..

5. Cuz03 thread starter macrumors member

I hope amazon is just over exagerating because my dad forced me to buy from here for the $30 discount and squaretrade insurance. I wanted to get it from anywhere else. I wuld've suggested apple but you save like $10 from amazon and he doesnt know about the 10% off with old ipod. :(

6. 7even macrumors 6502a

They usually do. With free shipping (non-Prime) they typically shipped a few days before the estimated shipping day. I'm impatient too :p

7. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

I just got an e-mail moving up my shuffle shipment date from 9/21 to 9/10. Hoping the iPod touch follows suit (wishful thinking).

8. 7even macrumors 6502a

Now that's more like it! We'll see tomorrow..

EDIT: It looks like the new Shuffle is actually in stock now. Hopefully the Touch shipments will arrive soon :)

9. NJMetsHero macrumors regular

I'm just hoping for it by the end of next week, wanted to test the video camera at the Jets game!

10. zepica macrumors regular

Anyone got shipping confirmation from amazon?

11. 7even macrumors 6502a

+1.

12. djgeneral macrumors newbie

I think we should all get them by the end of next week. The shuffles were updated yesterday for shipping like 2 weeks earlier since they are available now. I'm sure the Touches will arrive by the end of the week and they will send them all out by the weekend and we will get them by mid/late next week! Not bad for saving over $30 :apple:

13. eddy100500 macrumors newbie

Can we go buy one from a local apple store and then return the touch we get from amazon to the apple store ? ? i ordered one from amazon the day it came out.

Apple store charges a restocking fee if its open correct ? But if we returned the unopened amazon product then they wont charge us anything,

14. ean macrumors newbie

I ordered two 32 GB, Sept 3rd at 5pm US time, hoping that, as I will be visiting the States next week, I will have them delivered by then but maybe I should extend my stay, even when I paid 1-day delivery... (anyways I ordered some other stuff along with the ipods just to make the shipping cost worth it, like 20 bucks ;) ...) I paid 289 each without taxes, normally I go to Houston Best Buy stores or Fry's or Micro Center but usually I end up paying an extra 8.25% for taxes, so this time I preferred to order via Amazon and not to walk by the stores and saved like 30 bucks (+50 tax -20 shipping...) (I have ordered with free shipping in other occasion and it worked perfectly, just 3 or 4 days and I got the merchandise right on the hotel or office.)

Not yet shipped :eek:
    Delivery Estimate: September 15, 2010 - September 22, 2010
    One-Day Shipping

15. 7even macrumors 6502a

The serial number is on the Apple Store receipt, IIRC.

16. Bitcrusher macrumors member

Can someone tell me how trusty Apple`s delivery estimates are? mine is september 28, but I still hope it wont take that long:(

17. zepica macrumors regular

You will probably received it few days earlier.

18. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

My iPod touch still has the same delivery estimate but its been updated to "Shipping Soon", so fingers crossed!

19. zepica macrumors regular

When did you ordered and what shipping method? Mine is still not yet shipped.

20. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

9/1, literally minutes after it went live on their site. One-day shipping via Amazon Prime.

21. zepica macrumors regular

22. Roessnakhan macrumors 68040

Roessnakhan

Like I said, its still the same (9/21 - 9/28), but since my shuffle (est. del. 9/10) is preparing for shipping as well I would hope they both are sent out at the same time.

23. zepica macrumors regular

This is my info:

Shipping estimate:*September 13, 2010 - September 20, 2010
    Delivery estimate:*September 15, 2010 - September 22, 2010

I ordered on september 2, and choosed two day shipping.

24. franko v macrumors member

franko v

Free Amazon Prime Membership Trial (2-Day Shipping Free)

WOW!

My original order that I placed on Sept 3 stated the following:

Shipping Estimate: September 20 - September 27
    Delivery Estimate: September 27 - October 8

Arrrrrrggggghhh!!!

I didn't want to wait that long, but because I was (am) seriously hurting for money, I placed the order to save with the lower price and no sales tax...

So I happened to peruse the Amazon website today and saw that Amazon is offering a free one-month trial of Amazon Prime which has free 2-day shipping.

After I signed up, I quickly did two things:

1) I went into the "Manage Amazon Prime Membership" section and immediately clicked "Do Not Automatically Update after trial"

2) Then I went into my iPod Touch order details and changed the shipping speed to "two-days"

AND NOW HERE ARE MY UPDATED DATES:

Shipping Estimate: September 14 - September 16
    Delivery Estimate: September 16 - September 23

Woo Hoo!!!

My only regret is not seeing the promotion earlier!!

If you haven't done the promotion already - DO IT!!! You'll get your iPod touch to your home quicker!!