Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Molenator-A-Lot

macrumors newbie
Jan 13, 2011
Does it lagg more since its jailbroken?

Mine doesn't work at all:).

Let me explain.

Used redsn0w 0.9.6b6 Window-version and did the jailbreaking. Then installed Installous 4 and shut down the iPad.

Now what?

Device no longer starts:).

Now downloading pre-jailbroken IPSW for iPad to do complete restore.
Life is funny, eh?

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
Mine is the same. I can only restart by connecting to pc and choosing boot tethered on redsnow.

Not a huge deal but what if I'm on holiday and can't access a computer but my iPad locks up or something and needs rebooting?

I thought with tethered jailbreak I could still restart into nonjb mode but I guess not?

macrumors 603
Jan 8, 2009
Thankfully I had saved my 4.2b3 SHSH on Cydia, using the beta RedSnow for the untethered j/b was a cinch. In my opinion, I think the iPad benefits the most from jailbreaking as you can do so much more with it (unless you need to jailbreak an iPhone for unlocking or tethering).

I just wish there were more iPad specific repo's.

Pared

macrumors 65816
Oct 19, 2007

Let me explain.

Used redsn0w 0.9.6b6 Window-version and did the jailbreaking. Then installed Installous 4 and shut down the iPad.

Now what?

Life is funny, eh?

Awesome!!

Great stories such as this allow others to possibly realize that a jailbreak=/=piracy. And if that's what you want it for, enjoy the consequences. :D

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA

Let me explain.

Now what?

Life is funny, eh?

Well, you got 2 issues, once is that current jailbreak is tethered one, so every time you reboot you need to rerun redsn0w, that would have solve your issue.

You second issue is installous, who know what you got bundle with that... :eek:

I thought with tethered jailbreak I could still restart into nonjb mode but I guess not?

You can if you haven't install any package that modified the springboards or start at boot, once you install those package since they cannot run them the springboard won't start and you'll get stuck on the Apple logo.

THFourteen

macrumors 6502a
Apr 8, 2010
London
You can if you haven't install any package that modified the springboards or start at boot, once you install those package since they cannot run them the springboard won't start and you'll get stuck on the Apple logo.

ah yes I guess that makes sense. Oh well, I still think I'll survive with it as it is

lokerd

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2010
Beaumont
If we do need to reboot on a tethered device, 4.2.1, can it be with any computer that has the software installed, or the one that it was JBed on?

Thanks!

maturola

macrumors 68040
Oct 29, 2007
Atlanta, GA
If we do need to reboot on a tethered device, 4.2.1, can it be with any computer that has the software installed, or the one that it was JBed on?

Thanks!

Any computer that have at least 1 USB port + iTunes Installed + RedSn0w installed (or internet access so you can download it and run it)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.