Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
I highly doubt it too but this isn't the first time I'm hearing this...I've heard of people being told a store or some stores actually have a few here and there but you have to ask. Just seeing if anyone else has heard similar.

cantankerously

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I highly doubt it too but this isn't the first time I'm hearing this...I've heard of people being told a store or some stores actually have a few here and there but you have to ask. Just seeing if anyone else has heard similar.

If my happy hour cancels, I'll stop by one of the Apple stores on my way home :)

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
That 14 day exchange window has dwindled to 7 days now, LOL. If only Apple would make an exception since jet blacks aren't in stock...I don't even know why I want it, I would scratch the sh*t outta that phone. It's beautiful tho

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
I want it for the grip :)

I'd have a case on it anyway lol so I guess that defeats the purpose of having a JB phone. I'd still scratch the crap out of it cause I wipe my phone with my shirt a lot.

Oh well, I'm only going to have this phone for a year anyway until the next one. That lust to have the hottest phone out is real, tho lol.

cantankerously

macrumors regular
Jul 11, 2008
I'd have a case on it anyway lol so I guess that defeats the purpose of having a JB phone. I'd still scratch the crap out of it cause I wipe my phone with my shirt a lot.

Oh well, I'm only going to have this phone for a year anyway until the next one. That lust to have the hottest phone out is real, tho lol.

Exactly!

billybill

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
I just got back from the Apple Store here in Columbus, Ohio. I spoke to the manager and asked if 7+ JB's are available for walk-ins. He said no and they haven't received any other than the pre-orders from launch day. He had no further info. Possibly some of the larger metro areas you might have a chance of walking in and finding one but based on my experience, I highly doubt it.

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
I just got back from the Apple Store here in Columbus, Ohio. I spoke to the manager and asked if 7+ JB's are available for walk-ins. He said no and they haven't received any other than the pre-orders from launch day. He had no further info. Possibly some of the larger metro areas you might have a chance of walking in and finding one but based on my experience, I highly doubt it.

It's a slim-to-none chance...if you find one, play the lotto. LOL. Just thought it was interesting that istocknow made it a point to tweet that.

wickedwahine11

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2013
Well crap. There are a bunch of Apple stores in LA and OC and no way to know which one to try. Has anyone ever gotten a store to tell them inventory over the phone? I am on the verge of just reserving a MB so I don't have to wait until November for my JB. Ha, with my luck, I will actually be "fortunate" enough to have it shipped so it arrives when I am out of town in October.

billybill

macrumors newbie
Jun 23, 2010
It's a slim-to-none chance...if you find one, play the lotto. LOL. Just thought it was interesting that istocknow made it a point to tweet that.
Exactly what I planned on doing. I knew the chance of this happening was next to zero but I at least had to try for myself.

I know my phone hasn't even been manufactured yet so I had to take the chance to see if I could score one. Yes I'm sober but I'm a dreamer! :)

MacTechnics

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 26, 2014
I wonder if they would make an exception on the remorse period cause of this. Doubt it lol

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.