Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

roneylirio

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
Running iOS 10 beta 1 on my iPad Air2 - even for a first beta it runs very well. As well as iOS 9.3.3 beta did. I think you should save money and go for the Air 2. Apple Pencil is the only reason I see to upgrade to the Pro.

Apple Pencil isnt even a reason to upgrade imo. The 4 speakers (along with no more vibration) and the glare reduction are the main reasons to upgrade.
actually already had an Ipad Air 2 and had to sell and now I will buy another, but did not care about sound, to me it makes no difference, the screen I like the brightness and will not use Apple Pencil, I might use a keyboard but not that Apple, but a Microsoft bending.

My concern would be the lag and slow Ipad with IOS 10 as I said, my use will be to surf the internet, watch videos on Youtube and upload the working documents.

James.K.Polk

macrumors 6502a
Aug 31, 2015
I don't want to start my own thread - I have the opportunity to buy an iPad Air (1) for $100. I have a Pro (9.7") but I may give it as a gift to the girlfriend... it is worth bumping up to iOS 10 when the time comes? Heck, is it even worth getting?

Thanks!

spriter

macrumors 65816
May 13, 2004
I have the beta installed on all my iDevices: 12.9 Pro; Air 2; 6s; and 5s.

Predictably, the 5s is the only one showing choppy behaviour and laggy response at times.

The rest have more than enough hardware to run it fine. 2gb+ RAM is probably the main factor.

However, I expect things to smoothen out over time (if not 10.0, then 10.1) for the 5s and other 1gb devices.

I'm also running watchOS 3 beta and that is notably better when paired with the 6s than the 5s.

roneylirio

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2016
I have the beta installed on all my iDevices: 12.9 Pro; Air 2; 6s; and 5s.

Predictably, the 5s is the only one showing choppy behaviour and laggy response at times.

The rest have more than enough hardware to run it fine. 2gb+ RAM is probably the main factor.

However, I expect things to smoothen out over time (if not 10.0, then 10.1) for the 5s and other 1gb devices.

I'm also running watchOS 3 beta and that is notably better when paired with the 6s than the 5s.
thank you, I think I'll stick with the iPad Air 2 and saves money, my use is very restricted so the iPad Air 2 will suit me.

Does anyone know tell me if VLC to play videos to the AC 3 format?

Channan

macrumors 68030
Mar 7, 2012
New Orleans
I don't want to start my own thread - I have the opportunity to buy an iPad Air (1) for $100. I have a Pro (9.7") but I may give it as a gift to the girlfriend... it is worth bumping up to iOS 10 when the time comes? Heck, is it even worth getting?

Thanks!
For $100, I think so. It wouldn't be a great multitasking machine, but it would be fine for using one app at a time, particularly watching video, messaging, and light web browsing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.