Pet Peeves

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by dukebound85, Apr 5, 2009.

1. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

1) when i get a text, like
    "hey whatf up" and they have to retext *whats

i knew what you meant dammit. now you just wasted another of my limited text plan

2) when people ask me what are you doin on im every freaking 5 min

3)when people dont move over when i need to get down an isle

4) people who dont wipe down machines after they use them at gyms

5) people who listen to music with headphones yet i can hear the words 3 feet away

6) girls who ask me to dinner and then expect me to pay. if i ask, then yea ill pay, if you ask, make it at least pay your own

7) people touching my screens

8)people who bring babies to theatres and other quiet areas

9) how everything is only open while im at work and closed once i get off

10) how NY is stupid by making me hold the gas pump when its freaking cold out. why cant it be like every other state that has the pump holder thing that will automatically stop pumping once full

11) how NY has a stupid 5 cents/can charge on sodas. I have always recycled but now I have to go to a dumb store to recycle and get my refunds

12) how NY has only single lane roads and I cant pass anyone going slow on my way to work

13) how all the roads up in NY have really bad potholes, ive dinged up my wheels more than i ever did in colorado

theres a gazillion more i assure you lol

2. pagansoul macrumors 65816

pagansoul

Life sucks, then you die. Hay wait, that can be a good thing. :D

I hate people coming to me all the time asking for help with their computers when they are not even Macs. What's so hard about adding more RAM or attaching a printer. Doesn't anyone read manuals anymore. They get mad at me when I say 'read the manual before you come to me'.

3. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

I'm glad I don't live in your country; else limited text plans in general would be a pet peeve! It comes out of your allowance when you RECEIVE a text!?!? That's incredible. Maybe the UK isn't much better, and it's only an illusion of better value that we don't get expressly charged to receive. I dunno.

Mine? Overly politically correct people. They really piss me off. I'm finding more and more that people comment on what others have said purely because they feel they SHOULD - not because they actually give a hoot themselves.

4. Queso macrumors G4

I'm not going to list mine. It's the quickest path to taking this thread into PRSI :D

(It's the P and R bits I get annoyed at, especially when used together ;))

5. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

It gets worse, in the US even when someone calls YOU that comes out of your minutes and theirs. This is one thing we've got right in the UK.

6. Prof. macrumors 601

Prof.

Sounds like you need to move out of NY, Duke.

7. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

Probably close to my number one as well… :(
    Have people no sense of hygiene or even common courtesy?

But, running it a close second: being "misquoted" on a forum such as MacRumors. Aaargh!
    :p

8. Xavier macrumors 68020

I'll name one of my biggest pet peeves right now and add a list later.

My number one pet peeve:

When someone who has driven a car before you DOESN"T straighten the steering wheel out. I have been letting my girlfriend drive my car lately, and she NEVER straightens the wheel. My mom used to do this to me all the time when I was sharing the family car

9. heehee macrumors 68020

heehee

What's so hard about turning your wheel when you move out of the spot, you have to turn your wheel anyways? :confused:

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Trying to come up with lists.

I've got a decent memory, can even remember back to when I could only crawl and what I had for dinner years ago. But think of a list of X or Y and bam, it melts :(

Guess I don't like people who speed around where I live. There are too many innocent deaths from that (almost including my pops). This is not an area to speed in.

11. .JahJahwarrior. macrumors 6502

I hate it when people say they can't do something, when in reality, they just don't want to. I hate it even more when they say they "can't help it" when in reality, they just don't care enough to stop doing whatever it is.

12. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Hey man, expectations are premeditated resentments.

Do what I do, expect people to be invariably crap and then you can occasionally be pleasantly surprised! :D

13. arkitect macrumors 601

arkitect

I am going to write that down for future use.

Excellent. :D

14. iBlue macrumors Core

iBlue

Thanks but it's not mine. I can't recall who said it but it's a good one to live by. :)

15. redwarrior macrumors 603

redwarrior

Currently: That I can't find any decent step-by-step instructions for setting up Synergy to use my Windows laptop screen as an additional monitor for my MBP! (Yes, that was a cry for help!)

Drivers who do 45mph in a 55, and drivers who do the speed limit in the HOV lane.

People who don't mind being late.

People who don't put comments in their code.

Husband scorecard: Habitually leaving soap suds on the razor in the shower so that it gets moldy. Buttoning shirts before putting them in the dirty laundry.

16. allmIne macrumors 6502a

allmIne

That's incredible! I didn't know it was that draconian over there. Reminds me a bit of when someone is on holiday; trying to explain to my parents that no, it doesn't cost you any more to phone THEIR mobile than it usually would, lol.

Thanks for the info by the way :)

17. Tomorrow macrumors 604

Tomorrow

Some of mine make absolutely no sense, except perhaps to me:

1. Drivers who don't use turn signals.
    2. Folding a magazine cover behind itself while reading it. Curiously, it doesn't bother me if someone does this with a newspaper.
    3. Watching someone fill out a form on a web page or whatever, using the mouse to click to every single field rather than using Tab.
    4. I agree with dukebound85 - touching my screen is a major no-no!
    5. Cracking one's knuckles or popping gum irritates me to no end, but for some reason fingernails on a chalkboard don't really bother me.
    6. Riding in a car with someone who insists on singing along with the radio. I'd really rather just hear the radio.
    7. (Usually) young people who wear their pants down below their cheeks.
    8. The thing that bothers me probably more than anything else is listening to someone whistle a song. I'm getting shaky just thinking about it.

18. LeahM macrumors 6502a

LeahM

1. People who pass you only to slow right down and/or turn soon after
    2. People who leave their carts in the middle of the aisle and don't bother to move, then give you a dirty look when you bump into it
    3. dirty sinks
    4. litterers
    5. Add another for screen touching, with the big glass screens I don't care really but with my laptop, the smudges are a b***** to get out.
    6. When people who let their kids run around like animals and don't clean up after their them
    7. "Little Sister Syndrome" bugs me to no end
    8. Realizing I have a stain on my clothes are I have left

19. Fake Hipster macrumors member

20. Boneoh macrumors 6502

Boneoh

You asked for it, here comes my rant! ;)

<rant>
    1. Litterbugs, especially the idiots who throw lit cigarettes out the car window! :eek: Good way to start a fire here in So. Cal.

2. People who don't accept responsibility, either for their own actions or inaction. If you did something wrong, own up to it, don't lie about it. If you didn't do something you were supposed to do, don't make excuses, just do it now. Better late than never :rolleyes:

3. Folks who try to make Their problem become Your problem. :mad:

4. High maintenance, gossipy types that seem to be always stirring the pot. Life is too short for that, why should I have to deal with it :confused:
    </rant>

21. Rodimus Prime macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

1. My big ones are people who misspell my last name AFTER I tell them how to spell it. I even make a point to tell them it does not have an 'E' in it. (My name is an uncommon spelling)

2. Being called Taylor. My name is TYLER. It sounds nothing a like. I can put up with the last name miss spelling but being called Taylor just annoys the hell out of me.

I have more but those are the 2 big ones and all i have time to write.

22. ikermalli macrumors 6502a

1) When people try to read my conversations over my shoulder

2) When people eat loudly, or make noise when they eat

3) When you're using your iPhone/iPod Touch/ Anything with a touchscreen and people go and touch your screen

4) When people take your stuff in class

5) When people mooch off you for money every single day

6) People who talk with food in their mouths

7) When people make noise in hotels at night (okay, have a laugh)

8) When people touch computer screens

9) People with dirty fingers who use my controllers/remotes/computer

23. BlackSnow macrumors regular

BlackSnow

I am a picky eater, so these are my biggest
    1. When people shove food in my face and tell me to eat it
    2. When people buy me food without asking

24. steve2112 macrumors 68040

steve2112

Ok, I'll join the fun. In completely random order:

1) Non-handicapped people who park in handicapped parking spaces.

2) On a similar note...people who sit in a parking lot and wait for someone leave in order to claim that parking spot. This is especially irritating when there is an open spot 3 spaces down. Oh come on, is walking an extra 20 feet really going to kill you?

3) People who don't know grammar. I'm talking about stuff like its/it's, and the idiotic habit of using apostrophes to make everything plural? WTF? How did this stuff even start? Is grammar just not taught anymore, or did everyone suddenly forget everything they learned in school?

4) Parents who refuse to discipline their kids in public. Your child running laps around the restaurant while screaming at the top of his lungs is not cute or just "being a kid".