Phantom wrist vibrations...

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by tl01, Jun 5, 2015.

1. tl01 macrumors 65816

Does anyone else feel their wrist vibrating even if their watch isn't? I really am starting to think my watch is randomly vibrating sometimes....except battery life is fine etc.

2. BluePhoenixRa macrumors regular

3. Speedman100 macrumors 6502

Speedman100

4. Kaylor macrumors regular

Kaylor

Some people feel their "phantom" phone vibrations, so I'm sure the same will happen with the watch.

5. Rhcpcjg macrumors regular

What band do you have?. Sometimes that happens to me but I've noticed is the leather loop band.

6. Dennison macrumors regular

Dennison

This is actually a complaint of mine regarding the leather loop band. Sometimes the magnets adjust a tiny bit, and they feel extremely close to the haptics of the watch. In my opinion, the haptics are just not strong or adjustable enough on the watch. (The pronounced haptic setting is just too much.)

With regard to the topic, yes I do feel legit phantom taps on my wrist sometimes. xD I just end up looking at the watch and checking the time, or sometimes one of me glances, lol.

7. redman042 macrumors 68020

I have the leather loop band. I'm on my third day with it. On day 1 the issue was kind of a big deal. Coupled with the fact that the haptics were a bit "muted", I often misinterpreted when my watch was and was not notifying me.

This improved much on day 2. On day 3, I'm much more used to it and it feels like both the band and haptic engine have "broken in". Now I'm happy.

8. jm5309 macrumors regular

I alternate between Milanese loop and sports band and feel phantom vibrations with both. Had a really strong one tonight with the loop. I'm sure it's all in my head just like thinking my iPhone is vibrating.

9. mikezmac macrumors 6502a

mikezmac

Yes, I do. I've been in the shower and looked at my wrist only to remember it's not there. I had assumed it was water hitting me. (I'll deny the other times I felt phantom haptics so I don't sound crazy)

10. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

I only use the sports band. I didn't think I would have the phantom feelings so quickly.

11. greytmom macrumors 68040

greytmom

I also hear my watch or phone when they are silent.

Spooky.

12. elemenohme macrumors member

I had the "phantom" vibration problem when I wore a BlackBerry in a belt holster many years ago, but haven't encountered any trouble with the Watch (and I've been wearing it every day since April 24).

13. macduke Suspended

macduke

Hah, I wondered if this would ever happen like it does with phones. Haven't had it happen yet. Were you guys watch wearers prior to this? I wonder if that plays into things. Maybe people are tapping you remotely?

14. jschu22 macrumors regular

This. Going from my sport band to the leather loop I noticed the same thing.

15. SisterBlue22 macrumors 6502

SisterBlue22

Yes! Mostly when I'm driving. I wonder if it has to do with road vibration. It's so odd!

16. GrumpyMom macrumors 601

GrumpyMom

Not with the Sport band except for one very specific easily avoided situation in which my watch band grazed against a strap on my handbag.

I have noticed my haptic vibrations seem weaker now. Unless the pronounced setting is on I don't feel my notifications anymore. I'm wondering if I need to get the watch in for service.

17. tl01 thread starter macrumors 65816

Of course....hence why I called them phantom vibration;).

18. fischersd macrumors 68040

fischersd

I used to get these on my hip all the time, back when I worked at BlackBerry. (yeah, yeah...rub it in) ;)

One of my friends had "phantom hip vibrations" when he was snorkelling on vacation. I had it in the shower on a regular basis.

I've enjoyed that going away since defecting to an iPhone many years ago (actually wore a 3GS on my hip next to my BB for a year and a half trying to piss off Mike Lazaridis, but that's another story).

Really hoping the feedback from the watch isn't significant enough to recreate this...don't miss it at all!! :)